I just got my Gibson Les Paul back from the shop where i had a professional setup done. Now im wondering, if i downtuned from E Standard to D standard, will it knock the intonation out of tune? Im afraid to downtune because i tried to set the intonation myself and the shop said i did it wrong, even though i followed directions i found on a reputable website. Also in the same vein of questioning, when i change the strings i change them all at once as opposed to one at a time (ie cut the E, restring E, cut the B, restring the B, etc..) Will this cause my intonation to go out of whack? will i have to re-intonate after i restring? Thanks.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
If you change the tuning significantly like you are doing, it is recommended. If you change string guages, it will be to be corrected.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
now when i tuned back up from D to E would the intonation be alright? im only gonna tune down to D to learn a couple songs.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
If it is only temporary, you should manage. However, if you do anything serious with it, it would be best to adjust the intonation if necessary.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1