Hey guys, in local band about to start giggin' I need suggestions on a good tubed amp.
What you need to know.
1. price range about 1K
2. playing local clubs, venues, ECT, with decent sizes.
3. play metal, such as black dahlia murder for example.

PLEASE help, I'm looking for a halfstack, not a combo, please help open for any suggestions.
5150/6505 or a Laney VH-100 head with a decent cab.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Black Dahlia Murder used 6505's on unhallowed and miasma. I think they used krank revolutions on the latest album though. Either way a 6505 will kickass for modern metal! I've heard bad things about the 6505 cab thugh so you might want to look into something else, also why the halfstack and not a head+2x12 ?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
a H&K switchblade huge bottom end great sound i think 120 watts
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by thenewguy729
Hey guys, in local band about to start giggin' I need suggestions on a good tubed amp.
What you need to know.
1. price range about 1K
2. playing local clubs, venues, ECT, with decent sizes.
3. play metal, such as black dahlia murder for example.

PLEASE help, I'm looking for a halfstack, not a combo, please help open for any suggestions.

No, you're looking for an amp.

Whether it's a half stack, quarter stack or a combo isn't an issue, that's just form factor - all you should be concerned with is how it sounds and whether it can the job. Suffice to say you barely have enough for a half-decent halfstack unless you go used, however you can get some damned good used combos in that price range.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Krank rev Jr?

you can get a full stack for $1k.

>_>

<_<
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
Krank rev Jr?

>_>

<_<

+1, my favourite metal amp...except i would only go for the half stack

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by Lemoninfluence
Krank rev Jr?

>_>

<_<

Technically the Rev Jr full stack is only a quarter stack though, if you only get the single cab then I guess it's an eighth stack
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You could check out a Bugera. I still don't think your gonna get a stack for under 1k. Your price point eliminates most good choices for you.

Important pressing question. Besides looking "ballsy", why do you NEED a halfstack? I've been gigging in the extreme music scene for about 7 years now. I've played venues ranging from 120 person to almost 2000 person capacity. I used to use a Marshall halfstack in the beginning (it was NOT an MG, a JCM 800). I also used a Randall and a B-52 stack at different points. I sold my stack in April to help with emergency college expenses. I bought a combo. My combo is just as loud as the stack was, the tone is even better, and I no longer have to coax a 4x12 cab into the backseat of a Saturn 4 door (it was even worse when I drove a 2 door Pontiac.)
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
also i think 2x12s have a much nicer sound then a 4x12. More focus, and way more bass response.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.