bascially i want a really good sound amp that is loud as well and comes with great effects. the microcube comes with alot of effects and models but it is only two watts and
it has only one channel and only a 5in speaker. the Vox DA5 is the same except it is 5 watts. the 15x on the other hand doesn't have many effects but it has 15watts, some distortions, and it has an 8in speakr with 2 channels. which amp do you guys think i should get? if you have any other amp suggestions then post them and tell me why they are better. i want the best Solidstate in my price range of 125 dollars or below. i want it to have pretty much everything in a practice amp package.

should i even consider the smaller 2 watt/ 5 watt portable amps? i heard they aren't that great when it comes to sound due to their low wattage and small speakrs.

what 15 watt is really really good?
i have a roland 30 x and its perfect, couldnt ask for anything better to mess around with at home or wherever, so get the roland, its worth the money
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
its got effects, delay and reverb, n like 7 amp replica sounds

so get that, the 15x, its the same thing, but a tad smaller

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
yeah but its really tiny and im not sure it's gonna be loud especially with only one channel and a 2watt 5in speaker. what about the 15x?
get the 30x, it cost me 250 canadian dollars lol, speakers about 10 inches

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
its 34w too

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
ahh kk, bargain with the guy, usually if you pay cash you dont pay taxes for guitars n amps

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
there is no way id get it down to half the price lol. no way at all.

now what about those other amps?
its a very good amp

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
hm, the 15x is about the same, effects and all, but smaller

15 watts is still good and can go pretty loud with a good sound too

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
its got phaser, flanger, chorus and tremolo as effects, with delay and reverb too

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
yeah??
ahh well then...
im not sure anymore

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
get a small marshall amp, a 15 watt

amazing distortion

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
well i already have a the 15x, i was just looking to trade it in for something else. i might get a microcube then because of all the effects and when i upgrade, i can jump to a 30 watt and still keep the small one for portability.
how long have you been playing??

and dont get the microcube, it sounds Terrible loud

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
hmm lets see, ive been playing for a week. 3-4 days seriously. haha. yeah guess im not gonna get the micro. i dunno actually.
I have the older Cube 15 and I like it quite a bit. It's held up four almost 5 years now. I play it at practice with my band, and it actually is loud enough. It plays right along side a Kustom Quad 100DFX, Fender Rumble 100 Bass Amp, and lately a drum set (obviously not all of these are cranked though.) It doesn't have a whole lot of effects however. But then again, if you really want effects invest in some pedals.
I'd go for the Roland Cube 20x at the very least, the 15x doesn't have the effects/COSM (amp modelling) which are what make the Cube amps so great.

The thing is, the 30x is recommended over the 20x due to having more amp models, and the 10 watts more don't hurt. However, the 30x is a bit ($70?) more expensive.
yeah so im still thinking about the Micro Vs. 15x.

i dunno, the micro is strangely appealing but i just don't know waht to do. the 15x is a stronger amp.
i say microcube or 30x. the ones in between (15x, 20x) are quite pointless. the microcube and 30x have the COSM amp modelling which is what makes them good.
yeah that's what everybody's been saying but i can't make the stretch to the 30x and the microcube is small in size and speaker and it doesn't have built in distortion like the 15x. the sound will likely be subpar to that of the 15x due to its low watts and small speaker.
Dude, get the MicroCube - it sounds great (and you wont need a distortion pedal). Practice and save up for a nice tube amp.
You'll always want the MicroCube around, even after you get a ballsy amp.
Quote by SonicV
Is it as loud as a 15watt amp though?

Are you going to be playing with a drummer anytime soon? If not get the MicroCube (Probably the best small practice amp around, although I love my Da5) or go on craigslist and find a used Cube 30.
Dude, get the MicroCube - it sounds great (and you wont need a distortion pedal). Practice and save up for a nice tube amp.
You'll always want the MicroCube around, even after you get a ballsy amp.

+1 Good advice.

Go with the Microcube or the DA5 -- the 15W version isn't going to be that much better, but you'll still want a portable headphone amp after you decide to upgrade later on.

If you are worried about a small speaker, invest in a good pair of headphones. The Microcube & DA5 are great amps, and sound better through a good pair of headphones than the stock speaker (anyone who lives with you will thank you, too, since they won't have to hear the difficult first months of learning guitar -- hell, they might even help pay for it!). If you aren't playing with a drummer, there isn't a real need to get a larger amplifier.

In time, as you become a better player, you will probably want to upgrade to a tube combo or something that can keep up with a drummer. But in the mean time a nice portable modelling amp will suit you just fine. By going with the smaller digital amp, you can start saving now so you can get yourself really nice.

In my view, if you like distortion & metal, the microcube is better. If the quality of effects (except distortion), cleans and slightly overdriven tones are your thing, then the Vox is superior. But you can't really go wrong with either.
Quote by SonicV
yeah so im still thinking about the Micro Vs. 15x.

i dunno, the micro is strangely appealing but i just don't know waht to do. the 15x is a stronger amp.

get the micro. the 15 is crap, and the 20's not much better. if you can't afford to get the 30, get the micro.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?