Does anyone know of a guitar recording software that you can download for free that can take multiple layers and has amp presets
i dont know much about them, but you probably wont find a free software with modeling tech. i use audacity
my brother uses Audacity. i use Reaper.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Audacity should work for layers but it doesn't really have amp models. Although I believe there are 3rd party apps that can 'talk' to audacity.

it does have effects tho, like reverb, gate, compression, volume, maybe delay and some other stuff. (^ I think)

It is easy to download so you can always check it out and then go from there. I sometimes connect my RP250 to Laptop and record that way. You can burn MP3s from there with a Lame_enc.dll driver - searchy on googly.
Quote by leviticus_22953
my brother uses Audacity. i use Reaper.
You're cooler than your brother.

And you get better recordings.
Quote by aurian4parker
You're cooler than your brother.

And you get better recordings.

well, he uses an acoustic guitar for recording and he prefers audacity. i use an electric guitar with reaper because of the effects.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
most programs dont have amp models...you need to run though something like Amplitube and record in that setting.

Reaper is a nice program once you learn it, also go to the R&R form for recording questions, theres a pinned post about software.