Got a couple questions about this fx unit. I love the distortion on my 6505! The cleans kinda suck so can I just use the cleans and effects on the boss and then switch over to my amps distortion? Can I use effects on my amps distortion meaning can I put a delay or other effects on the distortion without affecting the tone of the amps distortion? Any serious input is greatly appreciated!
Never argue with and idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Im sure this applies to other multi fx pedals. No one on this website has a multi fx pedal?
Never argue with and idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I don't know if I completely got what you're saying but i've never heard of a pedal that produces clean, if you know what I'm trying to say as well
I like multi-fx as well as the next guy. (probably more) but I have to draw the line at putting one on a 6505. If i were to buy a head that was in the grand range i'm certainly not going to plug in a multi fx board. I'm going to get some serious single pedals to do a specific job. It's one thing to beef up my valve junior and make it a versatile home practice amp, but a 6505? Now I don't know much about the 6505 but you need to be looking in to mods or tube changes. Something other then a digital signal processed into a $1000 head. I could be wrong but that's my opinion.

edit: yeah, what 3p4rd said. I forgot to mention you need a fair clean for the multi to sound like anything anyway.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Last edited by scott58 at Aug 1, 2008,
nothing wrong with it. 4 cable method works. still get tube dynamics as well as the diversity of the MFX
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Basically I want to use the clean channel on the boss and the distortion on my amp switching back and forth. Also can the fx from the boss be used on the amps distortion to add delay and such? Does that help?
yes
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
How are you going to use a clean channel on the boss? that doesn't make sense.

But yeah you can kick on your amps distortion and use different effects from the boss, that'll work
Here is a video you can look at.

http://blip.tv/file/1089148

Found this online as I use the GT-10 as well.

Goes through setting up the Boss to control your amp channels.
Maintains your head's tone while using the pedal for effects.

Think this is what you are looking for.
Quote by l3p4rd
How are you going to use a clean channel on the boss? that doesn't make sense.

But yeah you can kick on your amps distortion and use different effects from the boss, that'll work

Perhaps he'd use an amp model like a Twin Reverb or AC30 with characteristics he's looking for? I dunno if it would work, though.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
4 cable method. Puts the effects in your amps effects loop so you can use your preamp distortion.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
There is no clean mode on the boss gt-10. All it will do is colour your current clean sound, it wont give you a totally new clean. If you use an overdrive setting on a boss gt-10 with low gain, it could make your clean into something you like.

And yes you can put effects on the amps distortion without it affecting the distortion as such, but adding more distortion from the boss gt-10 is obviously gonna change it.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
Why are you guys acting so confused about a MULTIEFFECTS PROCESSOR having a clean channel?! My multieffects has several different amp models, 2 of which are "clean". You just pick that digital amp model and run it through.
Quote by injected
Why are you guys acting so confused about a MULTIEFFECTS PROCESSOR having a clean channel?! My multieffects has several different amp models, 2 of which are "clean". You just pick that digital amp model and run it through.

yeah, but you can't put that on top of the amps distortion and it will clear up the distortion, thats what it sounds like the TS wants, and thats impossible
Fender Stratocaster HSS, Yamaha APX 6-A, 1965-1975? Hagstrom BJ12M , Vox AD30VT
Amp/Effects Fund: $1000/$1500(estimate)
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Last edited by danyellenik at Aug 8, 2008,
Quote by danyellenik
yeah, but you can't put that on top of the amps distortion and it will clear up the distortion, thats what it sounds like the TS wants, and thats impossible

ohh THATS what he's asking, yeah you're right.

You should just use your footswitch for DS/Clean on your amp, and when you wanna use chorus or somthing just use the effect processor ****. Not that hard.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
guys guys guys... he said his clean channel isnt great, so using the gt in the loop on clean sounds WILL help improve them. simply make a new patch for the distortion channel with no eq or modeling or effects. The gt 10 will do your amp channel switching aswell, so you could end up with a fairly versatile system.

its not brain surgery!

I just bought the gt-10 myself. Ive been running it in the effects loop of my valveking, running about 4 different distortion pedals into the front of the amp. Sounds GREAT. Dont get me wrong, its not like the gt10 doesnt colour the sound at all, but that colouration seems like its liveable with and is worth it for the multitude of delays and mods and other cool stuff the gt10 has. Put it this way, i would not use the thin sound of the gt-10's distortions, but coupled with a good distortion pedal or amp channel distortion, the gt10 really comes into it's own, well thats what i think after using it for a few days - ive yet to jam with my band, so that will be the true test.

scott58: pedals are great and everything and prob will sound better (marginally), but nothing else offers the true versatility of a good processor through the effeects loop, adding digital benefits of dsp processing at the sime time as removng the dreaded tap dance (remember the gt10 will do amp channel switching too) combined with the warmth and sensitivity of a valve amp - its a no brainer for me!!

its not 1968 anymore, why not embrace modern tech and combine it with the tried and trusted tonal niceness of valve amps to get the best of both worlds.

There a lot of pros out there doing it!!!!
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
Last edited by hippyheaven1 at Nov 21, 2008,
sorry, i neglected to read the date of the previous posts... oops..
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.