I am actually doing something neat, I am making my SG, have three pick ups, only thing is, I need a wiring diagram, so I know how to do it. I want to retain my 2 volumes and 2 tones, and I want to wire it so I can later wire it up for jimmy page wiring, but does anyone just have aregualr wiring diagram for like a Les Paul Black Beauty, or just fro wiring up 3 humbuckers on 2 volumes and tone, also what humbucker should I use (My middle humbucker is going to be one of the orignal humbuckers, so neck or bridge, I was going to use my bridge) anyway , thank to any and all, I just need the diagram, so Ic an figure the rest out later. I am also painting my guitar, so I am taking pics so I can post them as I get the guitar built. XD currently it hast my airbrush job on it (Red white and blue, going to paint it a solid caller next, well my mom is XD she better at airburshing than me) But yeah guys thanks a million can't wait to have a three humbucker SG.

Edit: could I wire the middle humbucker (Original SG bridge) and the Bridge humbucker like they do four wire humbuckers, so it's like two humbeckers making one big humbucker? Cause my aftermarket bridge humbucker isn't really powerful till the volume is up high, but my stock on works good, and I would only want the middle one on when I have my bridge on, so I got power all threw the range. Thanks again, just let me know If I can wire the two humbuckers up like one big one, and if I can and it will work (No major downsides) I will do it that way, thanks guys, but I still want the LP Black Beauty Wiring diagram

Peace \m/
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gretsch Electromatic 5120
Amp
Crate V33H head w/ Berhinger B412S
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is my pet bunny. Will you play with my bunny?
(")_(")
Last edited by LesPaulCowboy at Jul 31, 2008,
just wire it as a normal SG and then add the middle humbucker without any controls.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
XD well thanks, how you want that one done. I mean Never rewired a SG, I only rewired a strat, so help this poor boy out. I mean, IDK, what you mean by that, and I would like to see the diagram, so I know what they want done, and I like things to be they way they come from the factory.
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Amp
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(")_(")
Last edited by LesPaulCowboy at Jul 31, 2008,
Well I'm gonna take a wild guess at this one.

Ignore all the **** except the wires about the pickups, I'm pretty sure you would just have to wire the green on in the pic, to make it a series. Am I right electronics gurus?
XD lovely drawing, but ummm where is the third humbucker in this drawing? I am wiring up 3 humbuckers, like on a black beauty, and that is for like.... just two humbuckers.... wait I see what your doing persay, but both mine are bridge pickups (Like that makes a matter) but hey, that may work.... if someone would make sure it's right, I will use it, but I don't want to add a DPDT switch..... so yeah... can't use it.... XD But thanks a million I really do appreciate it.
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Amp
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(")_(")
(Invalid img)
that good?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
if you're interested, here's how gibson does it:

IMPORTANT NOTES:

1 - this is taken from the Ace Frehley model. it uses diMarzio colour codes.
you must change the colours according to the pickup manufacturer.

2 - the selector is NOT the standard 3-way toggle.
it has more contacts than a stock SG or LP with 2 pickups.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Thank you SYK, you saved my ass again, but I do just pretty much hard wire the middle pick up in with which ever one I want it to work with? Thanks a million, this helps.
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Amp
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(")_(")
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

IMPORTANT NOTES:

1 - this is taken from the Ace Frehley model. it uses diMarzio colour codes.
you must change the colours according to the pickup manufacturer.

2 - the selector is NOT the standard 3-way toggle.
it has more contacts than a stock SG or LP with 2 pickups.

what do you nmean by more contact points? does it allow for different pup combinations or something?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by hell_monkey
what do you nmean by more contact points? does it allow for different pup combinations or something?
a "normal" Gibson 3-way has two pairs of leaves. The one they use for the 3-pickup models has an extra leaf (or two).

the one shown in those drawings has one extra leaf.

2-pickup models:
Neck
Neck and Bridge
Bridge

3-pickup models:
Neck
Middle and Bridge
Bridge

Quote by LesPaulCowboy
Thank you SYK, you saved my ass again, but I do just pretty much hard wire the middle pick up in with which ever one I want it to work with? Thanks a million, this helps.
you could, if that works for you.
from what you've described you are going to wire the Middle either in parallel or in series with the Bridge pickup and leave the rest as-is.

parallel will sound smoother and brighter.
series will sound meaner and more "dark".
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Any one know how they wire the black beauty with the six way switch?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33