What Would They Be Like Now?

i personally don't like One Hot Minute all that much, but it is not terrible. i was wondering what they would sound like now if they still had Dave Navarro. John Frusciante is crazy, and has defiantly brought the band in a direction that i don't think they would have normally gone in. Anthony Kiedis said that their wasn't a lot of tension with Navarro, but he just didn't fit in.
Quote by Retro Rocker
You can use the good old Biological Excuse.
That being, this is the age where our hormones are raging around the most, it's a choice between wanking, semi-pissing the bed or getting laid everytime you go out.
Well if you look at Navarro and then Froosh... they are wayyy different. Navarro is a cocky little son of a bitch who is all about being famous, while Froosh quit the band so he wouldnt be famous.
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
I look at it this was, Dave is a ****ing great guitarist and musician, but he isn't a Chili Pepper. He's not their kind of musician, he just doesn't work. They, for the most part, have a less is more stance, he's complex and layered and all.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
where should this go? don't do this alot, i just wanted to end an argument with my friends
Quote by Retro Rocker
That being, this is the age where our hormones are raging around the most, it's a choice between wanking, semi-pissing the bed or getting laid everytime you go out.
Quote by pet-peavey
where should this go? don't do this alot, i just wanted to end an argument with my friends

Red Hot Chili Peppers thread in the Modern Rock forum
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by zekk
I look at it this was, Dave is a ****ing great guitarist and musician, but he isn't a Chili Pepper. He's not their kind of musician, he just doesn't work. They, for the most part, have a less is more stance, he's complex and layered and all.

i agree, they would not mix, he is too commercial, frusciante would never sit on top of a Boss pedal
Quote by Retro Rocker
Quote by Karvid
Red Hot Chili Peppers thread in the Modern Rock forum

thanks, is it worth moving it now?
Quote by Retro Rocker
Quote by pet-peavey
i agree, they would not mix, he is too commercial, frusciante would never sit on top of a Boss pedal

He does use a Boss DS-2, though.

Okay, move the thread
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by jeff541
Well if you look at Navarro and then Froosh... they are wayyy different. Navarro is a cocky little son of a bitch who is all about being famous, while Froosh quit the band so he wouldnt be famous.

You're a tool.
Be cool.
he is so shy about is ability to play the guitar, i sometimes wonder what he would be like if he agreed to build a custom guitar with fender.
Quote by Retro Rocker
Frusciante is rather modest. In a video on youtube after a little demo he says, "It makes me sound like a genious". He doesnt brag and isnt arrogant about his playing.

On topic, I think the Pepper's would be completely different if they had stuck with Dave Navarro, IMO I dont think they would have been as good as they are today if they had stuck with him.

But it is true, he didnt fit in the bad, I'm reading Scar Tissue by Anthony Keidis, and he says that Navarro didnt fit into the band
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
That album isn't that bad. Aeroplane and My Friends are two of my favorite chilis songs.