Does anyone know how he gets his tone?? this is just out of curiosity, i'm not trying to get it myself, so don't point out that my spider will never get his tone....well, unless you feel like making spider jokes or something...that may be fun. anyway back to the topic, how does he do it? is it jsut that he has an uber awesome amp? (mesa-boogie) or a pedal? or guitar? his guitar doesnt seem that special.

anyway, just a random question that i wanted to throw out there.

sam
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
He uses a Mesa Lonestar/ Stilletto and the BB Pre-Amp pedal with his Ibanez AT-300 guitar. None of these really matter all that much. Sure they contribute, but its mostly in his style of play. Generally, roll down your treble and put the bass up. His playing is very reconizable, to me at least, by his accents. He usually groups the notes 4-3-4-3 and so on, in most places ive really examined. He also does a lot of scraping, where he hits multiple strings, but has them muted out so only the one note rings. Thats how i figure it, at least Hope it helped you.
Yea, he has amazing control over his expression. I just wanted to see rly if he had any sort of special gear or what not to get such a unique tone. i guess it really is all in the fingers. thanks btw!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
There's actually a video put up by xotic where Timmons explains his tone. Search in youtube BB preamp. I'm sure it'll pop up.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
he has kickass gear, and he's a kickass player. combine the two, and you get badass tone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
he has kickass gear, and he's a kickass player. combine the two, and you get badass tone.

+1
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by Bonsaischaap
+1

+2

The man is an absolute tone machine. The way he attacks the notes, the subtle slides and pre-bends he adds, and the incredible note choice all contribute to his very distinctive sound. Extremely hard player to copy.
cheers guys.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?