is this something you can do yourself or is it possible to get a luthier or guitar store to do it?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
I don't know, i've got a friend who doesn't really know much about how to take care of a guitar, and he just YANKED off his nut one time, and just slapped anothe one on there.... but i don't recommend that.

Just call your local guitar store, and ask them if they can do it.
O O

___
its fairly simple job depending on the type of nut you are replacing and your skill i would suggest takng it to the shop tho you run a good chance first time around of scratching the headstock or worse.if your interested in learning to work on guitars i would suggest taking some junkers apart first.
for lilly's post... you could just buy an old broken neck off eBay for cheap, and see what you can do to the nut on that one.... just get one similar to yours....
O O

___
id go to the hospital if you need to replace a nut, i dont know what you were doing that wouldve made you lose one, but the hospital is the place to go
Quote by brandon369852
BW==D
B=W=D
B==WD~~~

^Fap.

Quote by ADCME
I use those bread bag clips as ninja stars, i once hit a Jehovahs witnesses guy on the head with one.

I squinted my eyes and said "Where is your god now"

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: capn crayola
Quote by leafsfan012
id go to the hospital if you need to replace a nut, i dont know what you were doing that wouldve made you lose one, but the hospital is the place to go

leafsfan012, i think you got lost. The Pit is THAT way!
O O

___
LMFAO, my bad, but i still recommend the hospital
Quote by brandon369852
BW==D
B=W=D
B==WD~~~

^Fap.

Quote by ADCME
I use those bread bag clips as ninja stars, i once hit a Jehovahs witnesses guy on the head with one.

from what i understand though, you have to cut it out with some sorta razor or chisel and then glue another one in? is that the entire process?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
i have a feeling the process would be a bit more intricate than that, i dont think glue would be able to fix it
Quote by brandon369852
BW==D
B=W=D
B==WD~~~

^Fap.

Quote by ADCME

Well, some of them glue in, while others are held in by pressure alone... it depends.
O O

___
Replacing one isnt that big of a deal. The gibson style at the end of the fret board does need glue or it wont stay in 1 spot. The fender style wont move to easy in its slot with or without glue. But you wont get the best action just putting a premade nut in a guitar and stringing it up. Usually the strings will be to high off the frets. It takes the set of special files and some experience to file the slots to the right height.
OHHHHHH those kind of nuts
silly me
Quote by brandon369852
BW==D
B=W=D
B==WD~~~

^Fap.

Quote by ADCME