Page 1 of 2
What is up with Japan Versions of albums? like every album there is a Japanese version has bonus tracks and everything while the world has to settle for the normal album? What is so special about Japan?

For example, United Abomination's Japan version has Out on the Tiles and Blooddrunk has Just Dropped In" (Kenny Rogers cover).

If I'm wrong about something than don't be afraid to inform me about it because I just need to know.
Because when you put Japan or Japanese or any other asian name before something it suddenly become mysterious and often dangerous thus making anime kids want to by it (which is a very large following). Take for example the Japanese Hornet, or the Chinese beatle both deadly versions of their humble north American relatives.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Last edited by Jericho114 at Jul 31, 2008,
Encourages them to buy the higher priced Japanese editions from the Japanese record label instead of importing from overseas from other labels for less money.
It's just to piss us westerners off.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by burrit0
We owe them from the Hiroshima bomb incident.

**** no we don't, remember Pearl Harbor?
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
I don't know, the record companies are stupid, just gives us a good reason to fileshare.
Quote by bdfs05
u got me

Quote by alyxmelia
your a sick young lady tbh
Quote by herman ri2
Is that a lake?

Go grab a history book buddy. Or if you're too lazy Wikipedia.
Quote by bdfs05
u got me

Quote by alyxmelia
your a sick young lady tbh
Quote by freedoms_stain
Encourages them to buy the higher priced Japanese editions from the Japanese record label instead of importing from overseas from other labels for less money.

this.
Quote by richwatkinson
How come your on here for advice?

Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by herman ri2
Is that a lake?

i hope to Jesus that you are kidding, it was like the 9/11 of the 1900's
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

Randy Rhodes first band Quiet riot was Japanese only. The first 2 albums were, guess Japan is just kool like that and all lol.
I believe because in Japan its considered one of the capitals of all music in the world.
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
Jackson RR3 w/ Zakk Wylde EMG's
'89 Marshall 8240 Combo Amp
Marshall MG10 CD
Boss MT-2
Dunlop Dime Crybaby From Hell
Pearl harbor harbor was a tragedy for the U.S, but having a nuclear bomb launched onto one of their cities was a little harsh i think. Many, many people were killed that should not have been.

I figure we do owe them...

But i don't know too much about the incident.
I got the UK version of Ten with extra tracks

I got the Japanese version of Blood Sugar Sex Magik without any extra tracks. But it did include the lyrics in Japanese and in English (two copies of the lyrics in English actually, not sure why, though)
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by theuberdot
Pearl harbor harbor was a tragedy for the U.S, but having a nuclear bomb launched onto one of their cities was a little harsh i think. Many, many people were killed that should not have been.

But i don't know too much about the incident.

Two cities. And that doesn't account for non-US bands who do the same.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Shirate

Yeah, were death-ready soldiers were killed, as opposed to the hundreds of thousands of innocent people you guys killed .

And besides, that's not all you've done to Eastern Asia. Let's not forget the whole agent orange thing.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by philipp122
Yeah, were death-ready soldiers were killed, as opposed to the hundreds of thousands of innocent people you guys killed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_of_nanking

They were asking for it.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by Shirate

i hope to Jesus that you are kidding, it was like the 9/11 of the 1900's

It was a joke.
Quote by mr.happyman
It's an incentive for people to buy them cause albums cost more there, I think.

This might be right. And if you want the song in America (or somewhere else) it costs a lot of money for the CD.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by TheIceCreamMan

WHat the **** is wrong with you? First, hundreds of thousands of people are violently hurt and raped by their own government, then America comes in and finishes them off with an atomic bomb? Please inform me how they deserved that? If America *truely* stood for human rights and equal treatment, they would have attempted to save the innocent people of Japan instead of exterminating them. They woudln't have sprayed agent orange over the entire damn country of Vietnam. They wouldn't have been racist for the first 75% of their independence.

Wow, a it's a thread about ****ing CDs and STILL an Ameican manages to come in and say something completely ignorant and stupid. Can't say I'm surprised.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by philipp122
WHat the **** is wrong with you? First, hundreds of thousands of people are violently hurt and raped by their own government, then America comes in and finishes them off with an atomic bomb? Please inform me how they deserved that? If America *truely* stood for human rights and equal treatment, they would have attempted to save the innocent people of Japan instead of exterminating them. They woudln't have sprayed agent orange over the entire damn country of Vietnam. They wouldn't have been racist for the first 75% of their independence.

Wow, a it's a thread about ****ing CDs and STILL an Ameican manages to come in and say something completely ignorant and stupid. Can't say I'm surprised.

Every civilian in Japan at the time was militant though.

Basedit:
Quote by burrit0
OK, everyone chill out. It was just a little joke that went wrong.

How many flame wars to you plan to start?
not this:
Quote by Shirate

but this:

Quote by SmashandBurn
Teacher: "There will be a test tomorrow no exceptions."

Student: "What about complete and utter sexual exhaustion?"

Teacher: "You'll just have to write with your other hand."

Quote by imdeth
Lesbian Link ladies. Oh yes.
It's to make up for the delayed releases in asian countries.
Imagine you're a fan of some japanese band and they release a new album in Japan but you see that it's going to take 1 month or 2 months for it to be released in your country. Knowing that there'd be extra content would ease your suffering and maybe make you hold out for the local release instead of just illegally downloading the foreign version.
In Japan CDS are sold at different prices based on the number of tracks

truth
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by philipp122

An American generalizing other Americans?
There were reasons that America nuked the Japs, but you are the retarded type who forms opinions on things you don't know jack shit about. You probably think Hitler was a child molester too

EDIT: I just read through all of your post and noticed you referred to Americans as "them". If you knew a little something about geography you might realize your state IS PART OF THE U.S.A!
Last edited by GerGuam at Aug 1, 2008,
Quote by freedoms_stain
Fine, you owe them for Nagasaki.

Well, not really. Pearl harbor wasn't the only Jap kamikaze run, they did two or three more in alaska.

P.S. Also, we gave there government a chance before Hiroshima, after Hiroshima, and after Nagasaki. Don't say we didn't try and warn them :/

EDIT:

Quote by GerGuam

EDIT: I just read through all of your post and noticed you referred to Americans as "them". If you knew a little something about geography you might realize your state IS PART OF THE U.S.A!

You realize UG is multinational, and it is possible for a person of foreign origin to live in the U.S. Like me, I'm Canadian.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

Last edited by Shirate at Aug 1, 2008,
Because the Japanese don't bitch about it.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Shirate
Well, not really. Pearl harbor wasn't the only Jap kamikaze run, they did two or three more in alaska.

Not to get involved in this mess but technically Pearl Harbor wasn't a kamikaze run, Pearl Harbor was bombed (and many of the ships torpedoed) but the Japanese didn't use kamikaze pilots until the end of the war when they knew the odds were against them.
Guitars:
Carvin DC145
Epiphone Explorer with Seymour Duncan JB and '59
Ibanez RGT42FXQM with Dimarzio Evo 2 and PAF Joe
Amp:
Carvin V3 2x12 combo with JJ 6L6GC tubes

Bass:
Ibanez SR300IPT
Amp:
Carvin BX600 2x10 half stack
The Japanese version of Unhallowed by The Black Dahlia Murder has a rare video of them when they were like 18 playing live
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Page 1 of 2