Yea, can I use the MR-8 as an interface. It has a USB port.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Im not sure what you mean by Interface.. You could record tracks onto it and then export them to your computer for editing there if thats what you mean. Its not really the greatest idea though, a multitrack is useful if you dont have a computer or want a more portable recording solution. You could get much better quality for the same if not cheaper price if you bout an audio interface, either USB 2.0 or Firewire.
you can record to the 8 tracks, pop the card into your desktop or laptop and mix the files in a sequencer...and work with that however you are limited to the 8 original tracks. The MR8 is good for ideas (I have one) but its limiting and cant be used as an interface.

sell the recorder and look into an audio interface

The frostex preamps and ADA converters were not that great, I thought they were fine for small projects and ideas however my main rig sounds quite a bit better and I didnt spend that much more on it compared to the Frostex unit...
Theres a video review of the MR8 in my youtube account linked in my sig if you are interested...

oh the USB port on that unit is to link to your computer however this works only after you mix down in the recorder and convert the file to a .wav which cant be mixed in any program. The USB at the side is to link to an external CD burner.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 31, 2008,
That what I figured. I have mixed track beforeby putting the card into my computer, I was just wondering if there was a more direct way. Just going to sell it and buy something else.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror