Hey Thanks for the crit. I like the proggy time signatures for your piece. I'm feeling a bit of a Mars Volta vibe (sorry I haven't listened to At the Drive in or Fall of Troy). I really like your drum track as well, it is very very well programmed.

If you had some vocals I reckon this song would be even more awesome than it already is.

I'm not so keen on the tone of your guitar though. I feel it needs to be more treble-y so your chords cut through the mix more.

Slop, what slop? Even with all your complex time signatures I couldn't hear any mistakes. Must of taken you ages to do this, well done!

Listening to your style made me think that you might like this band -> Oceansize. They're one of my favourite bands and they incorporate quite a bit of interesting time signatures.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFkyrRqzkIQ. This not the best example of their work, listen to Homage to shame, no tomorrow or Long forgotten.
Last edited by delcypher at Aug 1, 2008,
that's pretty sweet man, great job on the guitar. reminds me a bit of the band This Will Destroy You except less instruments. I think it's be pretty awesome if you through in some ambient instruments like some sweet keyboard sounds
Quote by delcypher
Hey Thanks for the crit. I like the proggy time signatures for your piece. I'm feeling a bit of a Mars Volta vibe (sorry I haven't listened to At the Drive in or Fall of Troy). I really like your drum track as well, it is very very well programmed.

If you had some vocals I reckon this song would be even more awesome than it already is.

I'm not so keen on the tone of your guitar though. I feel it needs to be more treble-y so your chords cut through the mix more.

Slop, what slop? Even with all your complex time signatures I couldn't hear any mistakes. Must of taken you ages to do this, well done!

Listening to your style made me think that you might like this band -> Oceansize. They're one of my favourite bands and they incorporate quite a bit of interesting time signatures.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFkyrRqzkIQ. This not the best example of their work, listen to Homage to shame, no tomorrow or Long forgotten.

Thanks man! Yeah I'm working on my guitar sound to get it more defined. Haha I can definitely hear the mistakes, it only took like half an hour or an hour to record. Drums are what take the longest. Oceanzise is sweet, thanks man. I can definitely hear the resemblance.

Quote by fpcguitarist320
that's pretty sweet man, great job on the guitar. reminds me a bit of the band This Will Destroy You except less instruments. I think it's be pretty awesome if you through in some ambient instruments like some sweet keyboard sounds

Thanks man. Can you link me to This Will Destroy you?
i like the intro alot. it seems to have some timing issues. i thought the guitar riff was brilliant, but the tone could use a bit more treble. excellent stuff there. this would be so cool with a good bassline. i like all the tempo changes. very cool. are the drums real? very good stuff. if you have a myspace, add me.
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by chrisatgrace
i like the intro alot. it seems to have some timing issues. i thought the guitar riff was brilliant, but the tone could use a bit more treble. excellent stuff there. this would be so cool with a good bassline. i like all the tempo changes. very cool. are the drums real? very good stuff. if you have a myspace, add me.

Yeah I'm gonna redo guitars when I get bass guitar in there. Thanks for the crit! I'll add you now.
i love the guitar work... you are right it sounds a lot like a raw version of a fall of troy song. my only beefs are the guitar tone(sounds too fuzzy i think) and the drums. i really felt like the drum beat clashed with the song. its gonna be a great song by the time you get it finished... ill probably wanna download it for my ipod or something

--jared