Yea picked some up today at the local music shop, set them up on my PRS mccarty and yea not too excited very flat sounding, but hey I only paid 3 bucks for them.
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
I dont know why i switched brands, I've been using slinkys for gosh about 11 years now, I guess change isnt good sometimes
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
Quote by forsaknazrael
I've been a very big fan of GHS Nicker Rockers as of late. Think I'm going to go up a gauge again - need heavier bass strings, or something. Using 10's right now, I think.

I've been using the Nickel Rocker .11s on my strat for some time now. I recently bumped up to the blues/SRV set or whatever they're called, and they're INSANELY heavy. So heavy that I was uncomfortable about putting my strat in standard tuning, so I left it a half step down, lol.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
I've been using the Nickel Rocker .11s on my strat for some time now. I recently bumped up to the blues/SRV set or whatever they're called, and they're INSANELY heavy. So heavy that I was uncomfortable about putting my strat in standard tuning, so I left it a half step down, lol.

Yeah, the Nickel Rockers feels kind of weird at first, but I like them now a lot. I used to use 11's, but I went down, just cause. 9's were too floppy, though.
What's the low E on your set of 11's?
Quote by JaredFace
Yea picked some up today at the local music shop, set them up on my PRS mccarty and yea not too excited very flat sounding, but hey I only paid 3 bucks for them.

....um....ok
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
DR strings rock my socks.
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
I use Ernie Ball .011 set

But thinking of Getting th GHS heavy weights its got a .070 for god sakes haha just to try ^_^
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah, the Nickel Rockers feels kind of weird at first, but I like them now a lot. I used to use 11's, but I went down, just cause. 9's were too floppy, though.
What's the low E on your set of 11's?

Yeah, they are different. It's a good different, though IMO, once you get used to them.

The website calls my strings the "SRV set," but I didnt discover that until after I had bought them. The product number/name is 1300:

.011 .015 .019 .028 .038 .058

EDIT: Oh, but the normal set of 11s I have been using for a long time are the R+RM. Their low E is .050.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Dunlop Strings suck, tried them last week and they are dead. The ball ends are loosely attached to the string. stick to making wah's and picks...
Ever Dance with the Devil in The Pale Moonlight?
I like D'Addarious .10's. I used to use earnie balls, but i found them too hit and miss, and getting a lot of duff sets all at once, so I switched, and havent regretted yet.

Im thinking of trying some elixers out on my electric. I slapped a set on my acoustic, and they are reeeeeeeeally nice. Anyone got any experience of elixers on electrics?
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
Quote by SweetsForLife
Anyone got any experience of elixers on electrics?

Longer life than normal strings, but that comes with the price really.
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe