Id like to upgrade my rig quite a bit; I only play from home, and I need a quality, versatile, amp. I recently had my heart set on the Peavy Classic 30, but I'm posting this so I can get any other suggestions on amp, or opinions on the Classic 30.

I mostly play rock/metal. Metallica, megadeth, steve vai, satriani, and zakk wylde/black label society.

But I do want a good clean sound from the amp because I do use cleans a lot. (for other stuff)

Cash limit is around 700$
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

You can get a used 5150/6150 combo or a bugera. IMO classic 30s arn't good for metal.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by bBreaker
You can get a used 5150/6150 combo or a bugera. IMO classic 30s arn't good for metal.

What about with a good overdrive pedal?
Quote by Le_Bunny

Quote by (Metal)lica
What about with a good overdrive pedal?

The C30 would have an ok metal tone with a Pro Co RAT or a Metal Muff.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
That was my plan, because the Classic 30 has exeptional cleans, and I can get the tone I want with an overdrive pedal
Quote by Le_Bunny

I run my C30 with a good OD and the thing freaking roars ( I love playing Drag the waters turned real loud and my octave on, pullin off demonic pinch squeals). You people dont know how to turn the pre-amp gain up obiously. I would reccomend however, that you may want to look into a used Peavey XXX combo, that may suit your higher gain tastes a little better and also accomodate your cleans. You may also want to look into a mesa F-30 (amazing cleans and preety decent gain)