i've used skullcandy stuff before the smokin buds my first pair lasted a year , the second lasted about 6 months . So anyone know if the lowriders are anygood, if not im looking for headphones that arn't to big and around the 40 to 50$ area, and ofcourse has great sound and decent looks lol

EDIT : I'm not willing to spend more then 60$ since i'm bad with wires , and do alot with my headphones so they get damaged easy so yeah and right now i don't have enough for wireless haedphones
Last edited by Josh134 at Jul 31, 2008,
i think the smokin buds sound like crap. but maybe it's just my headphones
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
I've never had good experiences with skull candy products. Overpriced and low quality.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Im going to suggest products around $100 however remember than in the audio field, The more you spend, the longer products will last and the better sound you will get.

Look into the M-Audio IE-10 IEMs, the Sennheiser CX300-S set is also fair but the M-Audio is better IMO
i have the full metal jacket ones. they sound awesome.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
I have Lowriders and the sound quality is pretty good for how theyre priced.
for those who are about to rock I salute you
Quote by foshizzle91
I have Lowriders and the sound quality is pretty good for how theyre priced.

what bout durability wise?
You could do much better than that. I'd recommend going to best buy and just picking out some $60 Sony or Philips cans.

If you want to spend less the Koss Portapros are great and are only around $30, but they're probably better than those skull candy phones. Sennheiser always makes good sound gear so look on their site.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Skull Candy: For people that care more about looking hip than sound quality.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
well i stole mine so i really dont care if they die on me. but so far they are still in good condition.

it was a good steal
Gear:
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by GibsonGuru311
Koss or Philips if you want something nice, affordable, and decent.

Agreed. Sennheiser too.

TS you said you didn't want to up your budget because of durability, but for $100 you could get a really nice set of Sennheiser HD280 Pros which are amazing and very very durable. If anything breaks you don't have to buy a new pair you just have to replace the thing for like $10 bucks. If a wire starts to break you just put in a new wire.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Quote by Vornik

So true. There are much better AND Cheaper brands than Skullcandy.
Be cool.
thanks to all , i shall go to best buy and search for what is best for me , now i know what to look for
They are decent if you don't use them to ride. I tried to skateboard once with them and they kept falling.
Quote by Vornik

Unless they're priced $10 and someone is desperate enough for some (branded) headphones. I only got them cause of the price and hearing how they sound good. Well it sounds like absolute rubbish. It's extremely treble, barely any bass at all. Sounds kinda grainy. I had some AWESOME Phillips ones until they broke...

Why don't stores let you demo them (aside from bacteria issues) so that people don't waste their time and money.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Quote by marktuazon
Unless they're priced $10 and someone is desperate enough for some (branded) headphones. I only got them cause of the price and hearing how they sound good. Well it sounds like absolute rubbish. It's extremely treble, barely any bass at all. Sounds kinda grainy. I had some AWESOME Phillips ones until they broke...

Why don't stores let you demo them (aside from bacteria issues) so that people don't waste their time and money.

really? cause the full metal jacket ones are incredibly bassy
Gear:
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
i have the lowriders i bought them in an emergency situation in washington dc, and i like them alot. good sound quality, good bass for headphones.
Quote by Shaepwnsyou
Don't pretend to accidentally put your wang in her anus. That's retarded.
I bought some recently. I'm using them now as I type this.

They look fantastic and I love the way the fold up but that's where it ends. The sound quality is shit. No bass and the sound crackles. They have absolutaly no grip. All I need to do is look at my feet and they drop off my head as if they were lubed up.

Biggest waste of $40.
Skull Candy has horrible sound.
You'd be better off with a nice pair of Phillips.