Page 1 of 5
Or is anybody else sick of that screaming that damn near ever band with distorted guitars HAS to do now? I mean seriously does anybody SING anymore? I hear some great guitar parts, insane drumming. But then the so called "singer" has to come in and take a sh-it over the whole song with that screaming!!! God stop it! I really hope its a fad that dies and is wiped off the planet. Let me hear your opinion! If you got a great band that does screaming, and does it right for ****s sake prove me wrong!
Children of Bodom. Alexi sings pretty good. Alexi sang really well on Rebel Yell, too.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Who cares. Listen to other music if you don't like it.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
what is wrong with 36 crazyfist style...not rest inside the flames, cause damn that one sucked, but this new cd they have it nailed in my opinion, and i normally hate that crap. Maybe it is because at least the chorusses or sung

but all in all i agree with you one hundred percent with this one exception
my music....so check it out

www.myspace.com/copperchild
I agree, my girlfriend likes to listen to a lot of that music, really good instruments, but the "singing" is just absolutely terrible.
Just tune out the singing and listen to the instruments. Granted, it can be alittle hard at times.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I think you need to branch out. There is plenty of non-screaming out there.

This, you obviously haven't looked very hard.

And try to be more open minded.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
Quote by MetalGear1786
Come on show me one band that that can do it. Ive herd a ton of them anybody?
Try Orphaned Land

Quote by Lunchbox362
Two Words:

Avenged

Sevenfold
You do know that they sound like suck right?
Quote by freedoms_stain
I think you need to branch out. There is plenty of non-screaming out there.

Man I listen to everything from classical, jazz, classic rock, some 80's metal. Traditional Japanese, Chinese, Middle eastern. Rap, ambient, prog, alt. You name it. I just cant find anything good with this, I know I sounds like some bitchy old woman. I just cant find one good band that can pull it off.
Quote by burrit0
Try Orphaned Land

Wow, what do you listen to?
Quote by burrit0
Try Orphaned Land

Alright I'll check them out. Avenged has like 3 songs that interest me. Hahaha I agree on that one lol
the only reason people hate on them is becuase they sound like no-one else, maing a lot of little sheep angry
Quote by Lunchbox362
the only reason people hate on them is becuase they sound like no-one else, maing a lot of little sheep angry
You're right, no one does want to suck as hard as them.
Quote by burrit0
You're right, no one does want to suck as hard as them.

wow, someones mature.................. seriously, what DO you listen to?
Quote by MetalGear1786
Or is anybody else sick of that screaming that damn near ever band with distorted guitars HAS to do now? I mean seriously does anybody SING anymore? I hear some great guitar parts, insane drumming. But then the so called "singer" has to come in and take a sh-it over the whole song with that screaming!!! God stop it! I really hope its a fad that dies and is wiped off the planet. Let me hear your opinion! If you got a great band that does screaming, and does it right for ****s sake prove me wrong!

dude i totally agree but its not gonna go anywhere anytime soon
Arcturus. Especially anything from The Sham Mirrors

EDIT: That is, a band that does not scream. Not a band that screams well.
Quote by PT 2 DOOR RULE
If I have bad creepy dreams tonight, your ass is toast Still Life

Quote by skeptopotamus
Dream Sexy...dream Still Life...

Last.fm runs my life
Quote by Lunchbox362
wow, someones mature.................. seriously, what DO you listen to?
I listen to Pop Rap like that one band Killswitch Engage. I also like that heavy rock stuff like My Chemical Romance.
Quote by burrit0
I listen to Pop Rap like that one band Killswitch Engage. I also like that heavy rock stuff like My Chemical Romance.

wham, bam, thank you ma'am!
There's nothing wrong with screaming. That's one of the things that makes metal unique. If you don't like it listen to something else.

At first I didn't like the screaming either, but I got used to it and it really fits better than regular singing. Because metal is mostly focused around the instruments instead of having singing distract the listener from the instruments the bands use a percussive form of singing that keep the listener focused on the players and keep the vocals in the background.

Kinda like how jazz is so focused on the instrumental part that most jazz doesn't have singers.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Quote by burrit0

please say your kidding or i'll be forced to call you the biggest loser on this thread
Quote by dethead666
please say your kidding or i'll be forced to call you the biggest loser on this thread
Go ahead and call me it.
Alright, Ill give Orphaned Land credit. Their pretty damn good, but still the screaming still makes me cringe, but not as bad as some others. LOL MCR is hard rock if you have a tampon up your ass xD, naw they alright haha.
Quote by burrit0

WOW. Listening to *pop-rap*(both which have NO place on a GUITAR forum, even the pit) and My Chemical Fa-g-gots, shows you probably

1.Are gaaay
2.Have no idea what a syncopated riff in dropped D is(shown in beast and the harlot)
3.That you have no reason to even comment here
4.Wouldnt know ANY kind of good screaming at all
5.Are probably 8 years old.

Go home kid, the pit is a place for grown-ups.

On topic however, Seriously, just give the song "Remenissions" a try, good screaming, great instruments, and a melodic chorus.
I play guitar and scream/sing in a band, I love it and I also love listening to music with screams.
Everyone has different tastes.

Now bugger off.
I like a lot of different styles of music however I could never get myself to like the whole screaming thing in songs...

If you want to make a good song, write lyrics which are meaningful and sing them in a way that they can be clearly heard....just my opinion.
As for bands who do screaming well. Maybe you need to hear something that isn't so much death-metal oriented. Maybe a little towards Ensiferum or Wintersun style?

But if you don't like it you don't like it. What's the big deal really?
Quote by PT 2 DOOR RULE
If I have bad creepy dreams tonight, your ass is toast Still Life

Quote by skeptopotamus
Dream Sexy...dream Still Life...

Last.fm runs my life
There's plenty of good bands with screaming. Like
Nile
Death
Atheist (kinda screaming)
Cynic
Meshuggah
Testament
Opeth
Necrophagist
Agalloch
Sculptured

Also there's some great metal bands with clean vocals
Nevermore
TYR
Ensiferum
Blind Guardian
Iron Maiden
Electric Wizard

TS I think you just don't know where to look.

Basedit:
Quote by Lunchbox362
WOW. Listening to *pop-rap*(both which have NO place on a GUITAR forum, even the pit) and My Chemical Fa-g-gots, shows you probably

1.Are gaaay
2.Have no idea what a syncopated riff in dropped D is(shown in beast and the harlot)

On topic however, Seriously, just give the song "Remenissions" a try, good screaming, great instruments, and a melodic chorus.

lolol a7x fan calling burrit0 gay.

Judging from burrit0's band list I think he has better taste than you do
Opeth, Wintersun, Days of Perversion, Megadeth, Necrophagist, Nevermore, Coheed and Cambria, Michael Jackson, Sonata Arctica, Edge of Sanity, Children of Bodom, Norther, Skyfire, Satariel, SuidAkra, Amon Amarth, Arsis, Amorphis, Cynic. Cryptopsy, Ensiferum, Exodus, Emperor, In Flames, Galneryus, Insomnium, Kalmah, John Petrucci, Jason Becker, Steve Vai, Vinnie Moore, Joe Sariani, Michael Orlando, Mirrorthrone, Swallow the Sun, Deicide, Vital Remains, The Absence, The Faceless, Testament, Strapping Young Lad, Stratovarious, Suffocation, Rhapsody, Symphony X, Scar Symmetry, Sabicas, Racer X, Mr. Big, Paul Gilbert, Ozzy Osbourne, Nile, Nightrage, Orphaned Land, Wu-Tang Clan, GZA, Novembers Doom, Iron Maiden, Into Eternity, Carcass, Cellador, Black Sabbath, Between the Buried and Me, Cannibal Corpse, At the Gates, Blind Guardian, BloodBath, Dark Tranquillity, Death, Arch Enemy, Behemoth, Bathory, Quo Vadis, Queen, and Vornagar, AZ, Kafani, The-Dream, Lil Wayne, Nigga, Elvis Crespo, Oro Solido, Grupo Mania, Rakim Y Ken, Mala Fe, La Progressiva. This isn't in order, except for Opeth.
Last edited by hippiebass at Jul 31, 2008,
Quote by Lunchbox362

1.Are gaaay

1. Okay
2. I know what it is, because I learned that in Guitar Hero
3. I have as much right as you
4. I'm pretty sure I do
5. Your profile says your 13. Please don't try to act more mature than your age.
Page 1 of 5