Is this a good deal? I play mostly buckethead and Primus stuff

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-JS30KV-King-V-Electric-Guitar-511563-i1147104.gc
RIP Kurt Cobain 1967-1994

Guitar Gear:
Squier Jagmaster (killswitch, dimarzio super dist. &tone zone pups)
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
Last edited by davebain27 at Aug 10, 2008,
I'd say it's good deal for the music you play. However you might be able to find a better Jackson for just a little more cash.
Gear:
Epiphone Archtop Dot
Ibanez RG120
Peavey ValveKing 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss Distortion Ds-1
MXR Carbon Copy
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
I've heard the X series is OK, but the Pro or MG series are REALLY good. Believe me. I've played them.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Personally, I find Jackson get only really good with Pro and MG series as mentioned above. Any models below aren't really worth it to be honest. As for the KVX, I would look elsewhere IMO, you could get better guitars used or from different brands.
Quote by Mwoit
Personally, I find Jackson get only really good with Pro and MG series as mentioned above. Any models below aren't really worth it to be honest. As for the KVX, I would look elsewhere IMO, you could get better guitars used or from different brands.

Can you name some?

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
You may want to look into the Dean VX guitar, only about $220 and most people say it's really good for the price.
Quote by Mwoit
You got a budget?

about $500, But a lower Price is better for me. i need money for a car.

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
Hmm... I wouldnt buy a guitar with an Edge III tremolo, everyone here at UG says they are of very bad quality.
Gear:

Guitars:
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson
Schecter C-1 Custom FR
Schecter C-1 Plus
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II
Fender acoustic

Bass: Harley Benton HBB400TBK

Amp: Peavy valveking 112
Line6 POD HD500
Quote by BoggaN
Hmm... I wouldnt buy a guitar with an Edge III tremolo, everyone here at UG says they are of very bad quality.

ok

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
All you have to remember.. If your buying a cheap guitar. It's going to play like a cheap guitar. Check out the randy rhoads too. The V is hard to play sitting down the rhoads fits perfectly i think.
Get a jackson rr3 if you want that. It can be gotten under 500 new. I got my crimson swirl at 500 new, and that model is supposed to be 750. That is if you want it with a tremolo. You should Buy Used.
Another thing i always suggest playing the guitar first. Even if its the same model every guitar plays different. Played a guitar in the store and bought it offline and what a huge mistake the action was completely different, and it came with duncan designed when the one in the store came with actual seymore duncans. Wouldnt have mattered was putting bill lawrence in anyways. And for the action i had to tweak it to be perfect.
No, it's not
The neck is wayyy too thin

I'm selling mine

I bought it for 40 off some kid who didn't know his guitars and I'm selling to someone else for 100
I don't even shred
thanks. im just trying to get an idea so when I go to guitar center or something, ill try them and see what i like. I basiaclly want a fast neck with 24 frets. I think Ibanez is rated for that.

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
i personally like the JS series, very good for the price.
- Duvmunch
- Jackson RR24
- Marshall VS100 + Marshall 1960A Cab