Well i prefer the feel of a p-bass so i decided to make my ibanez have a p-bass neck.

i will start the project tommorow when i get the bass from my other house.

i have only done this one time before so just making sure , tell me if this is correct

1. take of strings
2. unscrew bridge (yes its bolt on)
3. put on strings
4. tighten rod

is this right ? and is it possible for 100% sure ?
Hey, either delete this thread or-no, just delete it. people are gonna get pissed that you posted a thread in two different forums.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You should know before buying anything. What you should've done is get measurements of a P neck, and measured the neck pocket on your bass first.

no i have a p-bass and an ibanez already, i never use the p-bass and i love the feel so i thought might as well
so use the p bass more?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I can almost 100% guarantee that the P Bass neck will not fit in the ibanez. Firstly how man frets does the P Bass have versus the Ibanez?
Quote by Bass-man43
I can almost 100% guarantee that the P Bass neck will not fit in the ibanez. Firstly how man frets does the P Bass have versus the Ibanez?

Then that brings up the problem of attaching the neck to the bass. If the holes in the bass and the holes already existing in the neck overlap each other, there's going to be some horrible shifting.
You can bet your ass there will be shifting lol!! But seriously, this is not going to work, I mean I'm not expert on P basses here but I know my share of modding and building guitars, and this is just one that will not work.