Page 1 of 4
punkalaskan
B*tchin'
312 IQ
What are your ideas on firearms?

for or against them?

me personally say everyone should have the right to own one if they choose. I think its a good stress reliever to just go to the range and fire off a few rounds.

and before you start whining that guns kill people keep in mind that people kill people and a firearm is one of many tools that they can choose to use.....
athlete1
ranked abUser
564 IQ
and plus you should read the book "more guns equals less crime". proves with solid facts that guns lower crime. i personally love them. very fun for hunting and sport.
Iluvpowerchords
Flau-BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
1,364 IQ
Fighting was way sweeter when it involved hand to hand weapon combat.

If my epee had actual killing abilities I would carry it around with me and challenge people to duels.

Which should still be legal dammit.

If two consenting adults want to fight to the death I say why not?
Joe-Fish
MOON ROCKS
1,617 IQ
Pros: Great for hunting and defense.
Cons: Used by the wrong people a lot of times and for the wrong reasons.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
RockThe40oz
Sucker-Punched By Christ
1,233 IQ
When I get older and have more money, I may own a gun for home protection, but not unless I take handgun training.

When I think of the second amendment, it's in place so that people can use the guns in a revolt against the government, but any such revolt is completely illegal and you'd be overpowered quickly and killed either on site or in a prison facility.... so much for freedom... now it's just something that conservatives like to throw around to justify enjoying the power behind a gun.

In all, I'm not really for the ban of any type of gun, whether a handgun or assault rifle, because they can be very vital to your own personal safety... but I am for stricter background checks (including at gun shows), and for longer waiting periods and mandatory safety classes.
selibucaz
Penis Skydiver
474 IQ
i beleve firearms are fine, just as long as your not using them to argue over something stupid street gangs and other bull **** is dumb, but like war i think its necessary because you cant just go into war without firearms. Killing game is good too, it regulates the population of the animals. I personly dont want to try to hunt tho. Target shooting stuff is good. O, its not the gun that kills usually, its the bullet lmao.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Fighting was way sweeter when it involved hand to hand weapon combat.

If my epee had actual killing abilities I would carry it around with me and challenge people to duels.

Which should still be legal dammit.

If two consenting adults want to fight to the death I say why not?
It's also quite noble.

I have an opinion on gun control, but I'm too lazy to type out.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
I own guns. I plan on getting a concealed carry permit when I'm 21.

Basically, here's how it goes. Scary world. Scary people. I don't know about those fancy countries where guns are illegal, but all I know is I don't want to be left without guns when the secret police come knocking down my door.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Iluvpowerchords
Flau-BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
1,364 IQ
When they kick out yer front door
how you gonna come?
With you hands on your head
or on the trigger of yer gun?

You had to see that coming.
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
Mostly.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
blackflag49
Banned
412 IQ
Quote by RockThe40oz
When I get older and have more money, I may own a gun for home protection, but not unless I take handgun training.

When I think of the second amendment, it's in place so that people can use the guns in a revolt against the government, but any such revolt is completely illegal and you'd be overpowered quickly and killed either on site or in a prison facility.... so much for freedom... now it's just something that conservatives like to throw around to justify enjoying the power behind a gun.

In all, I'm not really for the ban of any type of gun, whether a handgun or assault rifle, because they can be very vital to your own personal safety... but I am for stricter background checks (including at gun shows), and for longer waiting periods and mandatory safety classes.
I can sort of understand handguns, but assault rifles? What neighborhood do you live in...

I can't say I buy that more guns equals less crime argument. A lot of people had guns in the Wild West, and it didn't seem like an exactly peaceful era. Maybe background checks and whatnot could change that, but I'd rather get all the guns off the streets. Including all the illegal imports. Invest some more money in our education system, if ya want to reduce crime...

Plus with guns there's gonna be guys like this, who are just compensating for... stuff.

axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
I don't know if you guys have ever fired a Kalashnikov before but those things are fun.
RockThe40oz
Sucker-Punched By Christ
1,233 IQ
blackflag, if you think you can seriously get rid of all the smuggled and stolen guns on the street, you're living in fantasy land. It's not like we just let them hang out there as it is.

I personally wouldn't need an assault rifle, but there are already regulations that require those kinds of weapons to be locked in a cabinet, and you can technically already own a fully-auto assault rifle, but it's extremely expensive and you have to renew the license all the time. I think it should stay that way.
original=punk
Banned
2,482 IQ
Quote by punkalaskan
me personally say everyone should have the right to own one if they choose. I think its a good stress reliever to just go to the range and fire off a few rounds.

That's your arguement, it relieves stress?
Take up smoking, PLAY GUITAR, take up boxing, or just plain working out, are ten times better ways to relieve stress.

And axeslash, it wouldn't be such a scary world if everybody didn't have guns. I live in Canada. We have major background checks and the like. Heavy gun control. Look at this chart.

Gun Deaths - International Comparisons

Gun deaths per 100,000 population (for the year indicated): 
      	Homicide 	Suicide 	Other (inc Accident)

USA (2001)       	3.98  	5.92 	0.36
    Italy (1997)  	0.81 	1.1 	0.07
    Switzerland (1998) 	0.50  	5.8    	0.10
    Canada (2002) 	0.4 	2.0 	0.04
    Finland (2003) 	0.35 	4.45 	0.10
    Australia (2001) 	0.24 	1.34 	0.10
    France (2001) 	0.21 	3.4 	0.49
    England/Wales (2002) 	0.15 	0.2 	0.03
    Scotland (2002) 	0.06 	0.2 	0.02
    Japan (2002) 	0.02 	0.04 	0

Data taken from Cukier and Sidel (2006) The Global Gun Epidemic. Praeger Security International.  Westport.

Germany isn't even o9n there, because, to my knowledge, nobodoy can have them there, right?
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by RockThe40oz
blackflag, if you think you can seriously get rid of all the smuggled and stolen guns on the street, you're living in fantasy land. It's not like we just let them hang out there as it is.

I personally wouldn't need an assault rifle, but there are already regulations that require those kinds of weapons to be locked in a cabinet, and you can technically already own a fully-auto assault rifle, but it's extremely expensive and you have to renew the license all the time. I think it should stay that way.
Of course you'll never be able to get rid of all the guns. What I think should happen is that it should be harder to buy guns. A background check won't kill you, and if you really want the gun you should be able to be patient enough for a waiting period. I also think that people should have to register their guns with the police department. I don't think guns are wrong to own (I'd prefer a world without them), but I think only people who are responsible enough to own them should be able to.

And I can't think a situation when anybody would ever need an assault rifle.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
gopherthegreat
592 IQ
Quote by element4433

If they plan on killing people. Duh.

Jack my swag
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
Whatever O=P.

I have my guns, and you don't.

;D
original=punk
Banned
2,482 IQ
Quote by axeslash
Whatever O=P.

I have my guns, and you don't.

;D

I'm quite sure your beloved hardcore bands don't share your sentiments.
neidnarb11890
so bored with the USA
270 IQ
I agree with Collin on the whole gun control thing.
Personally, I have no desire to own/use a gun.
That is all.
opivy21
Aloha! Suit up! Luau!
885 IQ
I don't like guns, and have no interest in owning one myself.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
I own guns. A couple are my dad's and the rest were passed down from my great grandfather. They haven't been shot in a long time.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

opivy21
Aloha! Suit up! Luau!
885 IQ
I shot skeet (haha, skeet) once at Boy Scout camp in middle school. I hit four out of five once. I don't think it was especially fun.

As Brendan points out, however, gun violence in tv, movies, and video games, is the best thing predating sliced bread.
blackflag49
Banned
412 IQ
Quote by RockThe40oz
Of course we couldn't get all of them. But if most illegally owned guns start out as legal purchases, diverted into illegal markets by traffickers that steal/buy them, and sell them to felons/underage kids/etc, it'd make sense that cutting down on those legal purchases would have a corresponding effect on the number of illegal guns on the street.

And we could put more effort into knowing what's coming through our borders.
Leonheart
Not Bannеd...yet
849 IQ
In my ideal word, nobody would have guns.

But in the world as it is now, I think we should have access to them as long as they're regulated.
drossboot
10 IQ
My dad and i have started a weekly ritual of going down to the target range and firing a few hundred rounds. I'm really starting to get into it. I recently bought a new pistol, and went through all the paperwork and got my safety license, and I'm counting down the days until my 10 day waiting period is over. I have no problem with doing all of that. I'm a safe and responsible gun owner. I think everyone should have the right to own a gun, but there should be a screening process for people buying guns, and very harsh punishments for abusing that right. Just because it's legal to own a gun, it doesn't mean they should be just handing them out. It's all about common sense and personal accountability for your actions.
CowsWithGuns
God's gift to UG
395 IQ
Background checks on a person's mental health should be made. Many an act of gun violence has been committed by people with histories of paranoid delusions, severe depression, schizophrenia, etc. I've heard too many stories of people who were repeatedly committed to psychiatric hospitals going out, buying a gun and killing themselves or a person or persons because of reasons directly related to their illness. These people almost always get their guns legally.

Well put, drossboot.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
RockThe40oz
Sucker-Punched By Christ
1,233 IQ
Quote by element4433
Of course you'll never be able to get rid of all the guns. What I think should happen is that it should be harder to buy guns. A background check won't kill you, and if you really want the gun you should be able to be patient enough for a waiting period. I also think that people should have to register their guns with the police department. I don't think guns are wrong to own (I'd prefer a world without them), but I think only people who are responsible enough to own them should be able to.

If you read my post at all, you'd see that I am for strict background checks...as well as safety classes, meaning more responsibility... so I don't know why you quoted me to say that...

Nobody NEEDS an assault rifle, but nobody NEEDS a handgun.. I just don't see the reason to ban them when they're already pretty much unaffordable and high regulated.

CWG: They already do include mental health in background checks... unfortunately not all things are reported as they should... and it's not included if they're not considered a danger to others.
yeahyeah
Better Get Hit In Yo Soul
476 IQ
If I were rich I'd buy as many guns as I could, melt them down, and build one billion bicycles
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
I'm not exactly "for guns," but I don't think they should be illegalized. Criminals would be able to get their hands on them whether they were legal or not. Then law-abiding citizens would be at a disadvantage.

I agree that they should be more difficult to buy and that assault rifles and other military weapons shouldn't be legal for civilians.
Last edited by werty22 at Aug 1, 2008,
whyvern
jet skis on the reg
3,296 IQ
I think we should be able to have guns so we can take the bastards out oursevles and they don't overpower us.

I used to not until I started learning about power and control and while I hate violence and war as much as everyone else, if this system is going to threaten us with violent actions like police occupations of our cities and the military and prison industrial-complexes then we need some kind of strong counterweight and guns should be used as a last resort.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
SuperBlob
DIRECT HIT!
1,589 IQ
All guns should be destroyed. Wars should be fought with swords.

And only swords.

That should be put in the Geneva Convention or something
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
sargasm
1977 and we are going mad
1,817 IQ
When the fucking revolution comes, I'm not going to be disarmed. I want to have as much power as the cops/military/government does. I hope that eventually we can live in a world without guns, but until then, as long as the cops and the government have guns, I want to have the power to fight them. In our situation, that means guns.

I'd also like to commend the threadstarter on bringing up a very interesting topic.
RockThe40oz
Sucker-Punched By Christ
1,233 IQ
Quote by Adarsh
Ever seen 'Bowling for Columbine'? There's a reason the US has the highest amount of gun-crime in the world.

Guns shouldn't even be produced, let alone owned.

Bowling for columbine was a disgusting piece of propaganda using a tragedy to push a political agenda.
RizzoWashburn
Unregistered User
283 IQ
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I wouldn't want to get rid of MY firearm

Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
kaptink
whoa-oh-oh
651 IQ
Im all for the banning of guns and harsher prison sentences for people in possesion of them. I don't want to live in a world where theres no mutual trust between people where they think that everyone around them could potentially be carrying or own a gun.

Illegal gun smuggling will happen yes and it will continue to happen all over the world and probably get worse. I believe that most people wont have the connections or nerves to hunt down an illegal firearm though. Would the two kids from columbine have known where to get a couple of shotguns illegaly? The shooter in the Dunblane killings was a scout-master of all things, can you imagine him tracking down someone willing to sell him a gun in some seedy city?