i have ibanez v7 and v8 pups in my rg7420 and they are hot but muddy.

im thinkin the dimarzio d sonic and the evolution.maybe a tone zone?

Looking for a VERSATILE configuration.

anyone reccomend anything?

most of the pickups model names are the same but they are tweaked a little different specifically to accomodate the 7 string low end growl.
Last edited by All_Bodies at Jul 31, 2008,
Depends, what amp do you have? Most Dimarzio 7s are EQ'ed similarly aside from a select few.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Depends, what amp do you have? Most Dimarzio 7s are EQ'ed similarly aside from a select few.

im not looking for somethin that sounds good only with my amp but i have a fender m80 and a marshall m100hdfx.

looking for a versatile configuration.
EMG's are pretty versatile IMO, maybe its just me but i don't think you buy a seven string for cleans its more for distortion. But yeah EMG's are the best IMO.
Quote by 36mikeyb36
EMG's are pretty versatile IMO, maybe its just me but i don't think you buy a seven string for cleans its more for distortion. But yeah EMG's are the best IMO.

ya im definately not looking for an srv tone or anything like that, i just am not a big fan of the emg's, they sound kind of soft and flat.
i'd look into getting a better amp than pups... your amps are muddying the hell out of your tone
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
EMGs require routing though, I would think twice before putting them in.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by musicofthenite
i'd look into getting a better amp than pups... your amps are muddying the hell out of your tone

what, are you kidding? they may not be tubes but i am OCD when it comes to eq'ing, thats why choossing a new 7 string pup i tricky. normally id go with a paf or a tone zone in an ibanez. im new to the 7 string pups. ive heard they are made differently.

is there a big difference?

im planning on sellling thos two and along with my oher money i have im gona get mesa road king head. a cab will take me a little longer to save for.
Yeah but any setting on an MG is not very good, a better amp will make even the decent stock ibanez pickups better

Also, a Mesa Boogie Roadking wont work without a cab, you cant use it without a cab
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by aznrockerdude
EMGs require routing though, I would think twice before putting them in.

ya i know thats theother thing i hate about 7 string emg pups.
they ae just not worth the effort.
why the hell do they do that?
Quote by Teh GIR
Yeah but any setting on an MG is not very good, a better amp will make even the decent stock ibanez pickups better

Also, a Mesa Boogie Roadking wont work without a cab, you cant use it without a cab

man i just thought they were little rectangle amps! man i am so dumb! i totally almost spent almost $1500 on a head ididnt have a cab for!

jk, man, no i know they need cabs. lookin at a few cabs, just havent chosen yet.