hey, i got my fendre MIM strat SSS a couple days ago and i want to change the factory pickups. i play with a lot of distortion most the time, like avengedsevenfold, black sabbath, metallica bands like that. i dont know anything about pickups so can i have some suggestions as to what pickups i should get.
thanks
if thats the kind of music you play why would you get a strat? with 3 single coils???

humbucker no idea which one though
A Hot Rail pup maybe. I know that's perfect for Maiden, cause that's actually what they use. I think that might be as good as you're gonna get with an SSS Strat. For super heavy metal, you need an HSS Strat, but I think the Hot Rail Pickup should give you enough oomph.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
the reason i got the strat is because its versatile as far as i know, i also play a lot classic rock and i was on a budget i got it used for 300 and im playing on a crap amp.... 10 watt i need to get a new amp
Yeah, get a new amp.
End of topic.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Yes finally some one answers the question them self get a new amp then see if u still wanna get new pups
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
k heres a question, whats better for metal same amp a epi lp or a strat
Last edited by crazywhiteboi94 at Jul 31, 2008,