Page 1 of 2
Not sure where I put this so It's going to the pit monkeys!

I want me a good mellow album, with violins, acoustic guitar, the whole thing.
ideas?

don't be a smartass and say Cannibal Corpse
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Mogwai, EITS, Sigur Ros, anything Post-Rock.

EDIT: Nevermind, i didn't read your post
check out Godspeed You! Black Emperor.
wham, bam, thank you ma'am!
Quote by DunnySun

beat me to it!

Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, or Black Moth Super Rainbow's "Falling Through a Feild". All beautiful.
"it is better to be a part of beauty
for one instant and then to cease
to exist than to exist forever
and never be part of beauty"
-Don Marquis

Quote by nebraskan
People who are racist are probably the most ignorant alive.

A serious sig? WHATTT?
Man... try some Jack Johnson or some G-Love
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Quote by DunnySun

Those were all the bands I was going to suggest. Damn.
Who dat?
damien rice. he is awesome
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
Devendra Banhart would be perfect. Jose Gonzalez is pretty damn mellow aswell.
Pink Floyd's 'The Final Cut' is pretty mellow the entire time, only one or two hard rock songs.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Check out H.I.M., or Cold, they don't use acoustic a lot but they're both pretty mellow.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by Just Andrew
Pink Floyd's 'The Final Cut' is pretty mellow the entire time, only one or two hard rock songs.

their u go

try the wallflowers
Check out Liam Finn, I'll Be Lightning is my favorite mellow album at the moment.
And I wouldn't really consider Dave Matthews Band mellow. Sure they have an Acoustic and a Violin, but they're fairly intense for what they are. If you want mellow, check out Dave's solo work, or either of the Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds live albums.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by esp1234
I talk to the wind by King Crimson is pretty mellow

I don't agree, but you win for suggesting King Crimson.

Santana
Dire Straits
Some Bruce Springsteen
The White EP by Agalloch
Damnation by Opeth
Shadows of the Sun by Ulver
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
try some druggie stuff... uhh the grateful dead come to mind
Quote by Aaron the 4th
GAYS...we don't hate that your gay we hate that your proud of it
nothing else matters by metallica is pretty mellow IMO.

+1 to dire straits stuff.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Newton Faulkner - just check out the song "I Need Something"

and also the band Counting Crows are the sh*t.

+1
counting crows is a great band, try checking out some of their live songs where they go acoustic, acoustic mr.jones, round here, have you seen me lately rock!...softly?

also check out been harper and colin hays
I don't know about albums, maybe Iron Maidens Iron Maiden, a lot ofsongs are really mellow, erally cool to listen to stoned anyway. in b4 moralfags.

Planet Caravan - Black Sabbath is really mellow, almost hypnotic. I love that song.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Quote by everlong12
jack johnson and dave mattews band

This
But am I here? I find it hard to tell
I do a good impression of myself
But what's normal now, anyhow

Quote by LordBishek
I'm going to hunt her down and throw copies of the God Delusion at her until she breaks.
Quote by Parr
counting crows is a great band, try checking out some of their live songs where they go acoustic, acoustic mr.jones, round here, have you seen me lately rock!...softly?

also check out been harper and colin hays

I love it how the Counting Crows singer just adds in new lyrics, new verses live... like the first few lines of this version:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=48sAQnRYMMo

Everything before "Went down to the New Amsterdam" is improvised. He even puts songs into the middle of other songs... talented f*cker
Look up Fionn Regan. He's this Irish singer-songwriter guy with awesome chill music.

Sundowner is another good one. It's the acoustic side project of the guitarist/vocalist from The Lawrence Arms (Chicago punk rock band), but majorly different from his main band. Very relaxed, melancholy almost.

I'm probably going to get majorly flamed for this last suggestion, but I've found Panic at the Disco's newest album to have a really great mellow vibe about it. They've stopped trying to be just like Fall Out Boy and have started taking influence from the Beatles and the Shins.
kill all humans
Quote by Flying Couch
I don't agree, but you win for suggesting King Crimson.

Santana
Dire Straits
Some Bruce Springsteen

WHAT!!?? How's that not mellow??
Quote by esp1234
WHAT!!?? How's that not mellow??

I always just thought it was suspenseful. Mostly 'cuz the intro to "Epitaph" is sort of loud.
city and colour
neverending white lights
david gray

edit: snow patrol
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
City and Colour, Sometimes is only acoustic guitar and piano. Bring Me Your Love has more instruments.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Akercocke is pretty mellow.

>.>

<.<

Seriously, though, I agree with the suggestion of GY!BE, but I wouldn't be able to suggest a specific album.
Page 1 of 2