Hi guys if you guys know the song drifting by andy mckee? Is it hard? Honestly this is like the first song I am about to learn that is knock on wood. So anyways Is it hard? and How long should it take? Aproximatley hours? Thanks guys
yes it is very hard. but if you work awhile on it and perfect it, you will become much better in that playing style.
Quote by RileyB
yes it is very hard. but if you work awhile on it and perfect it, you will become much better in that playing style.

Thanks. I am praciticng the part where you push the E and A string 2nd fret and knocking on wood lol I got the pattern down but Gotta master it
it's not impossible, just hard to get all the notes in the right timing with the tapping.

i've just learnt the beginning 3 riffs and gave it up though
Hours?

It is actually a very hard piece (atleast for me) and I'm still trying to perfect it.
I play guitar for about 2-3 hours a day on average, and spend about an hour on a particular song, which for the last few weeks has been Andy Mckee's Drifting.

I've still only got the first minute down (some more if you including the repetition used).

So, if you play it for say 5 hours a week, from now expect to get it down pretty good within 2 months (which is what I estimate for myself).

But then again, everyone has their own paces, I don't move from one note to the other unless that note is perfected, no buzz, no other string contact, and I make sure I keep to the flow of the song so it doesn't sound like I'm a newbie reading it for the first time off a tab who's never listened to the song before.

Hope this helps.
It all depends on your skill level and ability to progress fast or slow. To be honest, Drifting is by no meals a song of great speed. The reason why Andy makes it sound superb is because of his tone and note quality. Every note is struck pretty precisely, which he got from good practice. You'll sure as hell learn what tapping is with this song though.