I play hard rock/punk metal/experimental rock, and i cant choose between the two, this isn't urgent but i'd like to get this off my shoulders, thanx
AVENGED SEVENFOLD AND MY BAND KICK ASS
Depends on the models really.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Step One: Go to guitarcenter.
Step Two: Try out Ibanez guitars.
Step Three: Try out Schecter guitars.
Step Four: Decide which you like.
I've been debating ibanez vs schecter vs jackson for a little while now. My thoughts right now are that schecter is the highest quality, but not the fastest neck.

Ibanez wizard necks seem to be the thinnest/fastest (if that is your thing) but the build quality is not quite as high as shecter. Also, ibanez does not have a ton of options if you are looking for active pickups, they only have a couple models with active from what I've seen.

At this point jackson to me kinda seems like the 3rd wheel, build quality isnt as good as shecter and the necks aren't as fast as ibanez. I did like the dxmg, and would like to try a dkmg but there aren't any near me to try.

At this point im leaning toward the ibanez rgt (rg model with active pickups).
i just sold a dxmg, and i`ll agree that the dxmg was inferior to the schector that i bought. but, not by a lot, and my mij kelly is equal to any schecter cept mabey the custom shop models in imo, but i agree w/ you that the schecters are better than the low end jacksons. have you played a jackson dkmg? or a dk2? if you havent you should .
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quote by Matt15f
I've been debating ibanez vs schecter vs jackson for a little while now. My thoughts right now are that schecter is the highest quality, but not the fastest neck.

Ibanez wizard necks seem to be the thinnest/fastest (if that is your thing) but the build quality is not quite as high as shecter. Also, ibanez does not have a ton of options if you are looking for active pickups, they only have a couple models with active from what I've seen.

At this point jackson to me kinda seems like the 3rd wheel, build quality isnt as good as shecter and the necks aren't as fast as ibanez. I did like the dxmg, and would like to try a dkmg but there aren't any near me to try.

According to that then, based on your playing styles you should get a Shecter
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by mason7373
Step One: Go to guitarcenter.
Step Two: Try out Ibanez guitars.
Step Three: Try out Schecter guitars.
Step Four: Decide which you like.

Step five: profit!!

Basically you can only get second hand or technical information on the internets. Ibanez will have thinner necks. Schecters are set up at the LA custom shop. I've only played Ibanez and I can say that they are pretty good. Dunno about Schecters.
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
I think only the RGT6 has actives.

I don't really like any guitars for shred other than Ibanez. Might sound like a fanboy here, but the Ibanez neck really has spoiled me. For example, with Jackson's, it's a pain in the ass to reach the higher frets...But YMMV.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
if you go ibanez try to go prestiage

schecter > ibanez in <1K price range IMO

schecter def has a thicker neck tho.
Quote by cruc1a7
if you go ibanez try to go prestiage

schecter > ibanez in <1K price range IMO

schecter def has a thicker neck tho.

If you go for a very high end Ibanez, it will beat out the Schecter... but ALL (though I've never tried a 'gryphon') Schecter guitars are quality...

Cheap Ibanez guitars often suck, big time...

Plus, the warranty that Schecter provides REALLY takes care of you and the guitar...

So assuming you don't have $1500 to spend... Go for the Schecter...

The C-1 Classic is a very versatile guitar (Les paul Sounding without the fatness)
The C-1 Hellraiser is fantastic for metal
The C-1 Plus is versatile and ****ing incredible (underrated)
The C-1 Exotic is ugly, but plays like a ****ing winner
S series Ibanez.
I love these guitars.

Or buy a REALLY high end HSS strat with a maple neck - nothing beats that.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Matt15f

With posts like these, you see that the whole debate is a bit pointless.
You see: I think Schecter is the third (turd?) wheel here. I think Jackson and ibanez necks are equally fast (i compare prestige necks with my SL2H neck now), but Jackson has best build quality and sounds better overall.
And i think Schecter has just ok build quality and isnt superb at anything, while ibanez has poor build quality but amazing playability and the ZR trem is HOT!!

And oh yeah: active pickups suck @ss

So its all personal. The only thing you can do is go test and decide for yourself. Choose whatever YOU like the most.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Aug 1, 2008,