Just got my gibson lp custom, and the thing obvisouly needs straplocks. I almost let my new beauty fall on the first day I had it. Anyways, do the schaller straplocks have the right screw size for the guitar? If not, which other brand do you guys recommend?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
yes schallers are a lil small so put a tooth pick in there and then screw it in.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

I still want to avoid the toothpick solution. Can you buy new screws or something?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
no they wont fit through the strap button

Hm, you sure that toothpick will stay? That kinda scares me that im trusting my 3k guitar to a toothpick.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
You could get a bigger screw. I did the toothpick thing though, it did wonders.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
yes i use toothpicks for all my straplocks, they work fine, if you really feel that insecure with toothpicks, put a little wood glue on the toothpick first then stuff it in, wipe away the excess glue, then screw the button in.

Quote by gtr_101
yes i use toothpicks for all my straplocks, they work fine, if you really feel that insecure with toothpicks, put a little wood glue on the toothpick first then stuff it in, wipe away the excess glue, then screw the button in.

Yup, but you'll never get the button off.
yeah you will, wood glue doesnt stick to metal well, it'll just harden around it

i'm a huge fan of schallers but dimarzio cliplocks take the cake
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
I"ve got the schallers.. they work fine. Only thing is I need to take the strap off to fit the guitar back in the case... I just fold the strap and put it in the storage box.
If you don't need to change straps frequently, go to the hardware store and buy 4 washers. It'll cost you about a dollar and it's just as effective as straplocks.

I made a picture a few weeks ago

Gold is the strap button, black is the strap, silver are the washers. The washer sizes are slightly exaggerated, but you want one that is bigger than your strap button, but not by a whole lot. I was going to take pictures of mine when I posted this in an older thread, but I completely forgot.
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
Last edited by apollo66 at Aug 1, 2008,