so basically i was playing Hangar 18 on my Flying V and when i hit the high d on the first sweep, i heard a fluctuating similar to the sound when a guitar is out of tune, so i isolated the note but it was still there, i muted every string exept the high E but it still gave that weird noise. i turned my amp off and played the note and there was no buzzing at all but when i plugged it in it still did that, i soon discovered it did that on a few different notes as well. I tuned my guitar perfectly and tried it again, no difference.* my mom (whos a pro musician) explained to me that sometimes there is a frequency coming from something that is conflicting with the instrument tone which causes that, so i turned off my airconditioner and tried it again, it still did it. so i plugged into my pocket amp and played, the high D note was fine but some of the other notes still came out all wavy like that but not nearly as much as it does on my big Vox amp. so ive concluded that it is either coming from something on my guitar or something in my room i cant hear. if its my gutiar is it Fixable??? i really hope so because i just got my flying V and its just past the warranty and other than that i love it to death. my mom said its normal for that to happen and i shouldnt worry, but its really interfearing with my playing, mainly hangar 18.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
i think the V is possed by the Devil......Seriously
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Get it setup?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
cmon seriously its pissing me off, when i was playing my V at my dads house i dont remember this being an issue, ill have to check. i dont want to get it set up because i just spent 55 dollars on a setup for my jackson and my V feels great right now.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Your pickups might be too close to the strings...try lowering them a bit. Or your action could be a bit too low and some notes may be fretting out a bit.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
the action is higher than any of my other guitars, its not buzzing at all, its making the sound like an out of tune gutiar but with individual notes.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Did you try lowering the pickups?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I would say inotation, but hmm..

Have a look at the frets or something, see if there's a defect, or you might be pressing down too hard on the string, that raises the pitch.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by steven seagull
Did you try lowering the pickups?

i guess i could try it, but i might jsut screw thing up even more, the pickups dont look to cloe at all, also theres no buzzing when im playing unplugged and its not as noticable through my pocket amp or my Line 6 toneport, the real problem comes when i play through my Vox AD15VT
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
I believe I have experienced this same problem on two different guitars. For me, it has only happened when I put heavy gauge strings on (.012-.056), and it affects only the thickest plain string (3rd string). There is definitely no fret buzz, yet single notes played on this string have sort of a quivering sound to them. Unfortunately, I have no idea what causes it or how to fix it other than changing to a lighter string gauge.
ESP KH-2
Washburn X50 Pro FE
ESP LTD M-107
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall 8100 "Valvestate" Head
Mashall 1960A 4x12 cab
Line6 POD X3

Please check out my guitar cover videos on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/killrbuckeye