Ok, so Im about to go out and buy a Line 6 Spider III next week,which is obviously an amp with built in effects,but there are also various pedals Iv been looking at. So if I were to get the combo amp,would there be any problem with also buying the pedals?

Would people ridicule that? You know sorta like "Why would you need pedals,if you already have effects"?
What doesn't kill you,only makes you pissed off.
why spider 3? why not something better?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

People wouldn't ridicule you for using effects, they'll ridicule you for using a spider. Do yourself a favor and do not buy that amp. If you give us your price range and styles, we can almost definatly suggest a better one.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
i had a spider once and i will tell you this, pedals do not go well with them, they sound like absolute crap, just save up and buy a better amp, it will be worth it later on.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Quote by Z-Bone
Ok, so Im about to go out and buy a Line 6 Spider III next week,which is obviously an amp with built in effects,but there are also various pedals Iv been looking at. So if I were to get the combo amp,would there be any problem with also buying the pedals?

Would people ridicule that? You know sorta like "Why would you need pedals,if you already have effects"?

thats your biggest problem
Alright,well Im not gigging or anything,and right now the highest I really wanna go is 400 dollars.I like to play pretty much anything.If someone wants to help me out,that would be cool.Like Iv said before though,I want something that sounds good with effects.
What doesn't kill you,only makes you pissed off.
Quote by Z-Bone
Alright,well Im not gigging or anything,and right now the highest I really wanna go is 400 dollars.I like to play pretty much anything.If someone wants to help me out,that would be cool.Like Iv said before though,I want something that sounds good with effects.

get a used fender blues junior for the amp
those run somewhere in the neighborhood of $300, and then you can get a digitech rp90 combo pedal for $80ish
personally, i hate combo pedals, but sounds like what youre looking for
maybe a valveking 112? i know people will bash me but its a good amp. also look for classic 30's then build your pedalboard

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker