so im wondering..when my hellraiser came in the mail..it was setup with ernie ball super slinkys..well, i play a lot of southern hardcore/metalcore and the like so, i switched to a set of power slinkys...and im wondering if this change made any bad difference to my action and stuff...

& now im thinking of possibly moving to a thicker gauge..i really like TDWP and i heard they use GHS strings..im assumiong the .11-.50 set..which to me seems like might be good because its a little less thick than beefy slinkys, and it still has 11

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
meh, sounds good. just be aware you may need to set up the trem if it has one (is it a Hellraiser FR?).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
its a non-FR thank the Lord...i dont think i could operate a FR..

but you said sounds good...as in

the GHS or the ernie balls?

i just think beefy slinkys would be TOO much of a chnage if it was originally setup for super slinkys

and beefy have a 'warm' tone, power have balanced..im wondering how different they will sound

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Well, the action is something you should be able to feel just by playing it. Do the strings feel too high off the fretboard? Too low? Also, look from the headstock down the neck. Is it bowing any? If so you may need to adjust the truss rod (if you tune down, you won't have to worry as much about bowing, but it's still good to check from time to time). If it's bowing up (which will make the action higher on the higher frets), you'll need to turn the truss rod clockwise a little bit. Just about a quarter of a turn. Let it sit for about 20 seconds and look down the neck again. Adjust until it's straight, but if the rod starts squeaking as you move it, you've gone TOO FAR! Just make small, minute adjustments as needed.

I personally love Dean Markley, but if I had to choose between GHS and Ernie Ball, I'd take GHS. They sound better a LOT longer than EBs.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores