im trying to adjust the action on my new bass, cuz i prefer high action, but it makes THE MOST ANNOYING BUZZING SOUND EVER, its coming from the nut.. wut do i do???
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
One of the nut slots could be cut a little too big. You can either replace the nut, up the gauge of the string so it fits it, or put something in the slot so the string doesn't rattle. I've seen people put a little piece of fabric in the slot to fix that problem.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

What I've found actually works for me is putting a small piece of paper underneath the string on the nut.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Do the strings fit tightly in the nut grooves? It sounds like they could be loose or the grooves to big.
I haven't had the problem before but you could try changing the nut.

Edit: I guess putting something in the slot would be easier than changing the nut.
Gotta love how people post questions in threads and then just leave, never to be heard from again.
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

is it a fender syle bass? fender styles basses are know for this kind of stuff
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
nahh its schecter, its wicked nice, and the strings fit tightly in the nut, idk why its makin that noise
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
It might be rattling because the tuning job you did on it. Im not too sure how to explain this, so bear with me...

Check out the angle that the string makes from the nut to the tuning thing. if it is a really flat angle, it could be the string rattling against the bottom of the groove of the nut. In that case tune it so the string comes out lower on the tuning thing rather than higher up.

Sorry, I'm not big on explaining problems like this, but I had a similar problem. That's how I fixed it without replacing the whole nut. :p
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
yea i know what ur sayin, the problem is, i tried that but i got it as far down as i could but it still makes that rattle. its my A string if that makes any difference. haha
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
oh, then I've got nothin', take it to a shop.
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?