ok heres the deal,
I have comcast high speed internet and xbox live and i live in pennsylvania. now my friend has an internet connection called Farm To Market which uses a satellite dish and it is broadband too and he lives in texas. when each of us play a single player game there is no lag and when we play online matches but we arent in the same match there is no lag, but for some reason when we play a match together even if its just the 2 of us it lags really bad. also it wont let him invite me to games or private chats on xbox live but i can invite him. so im wondering if its the internet connections or something else.

and this is not a ps3 better than xbox thread so take that somewhere else.
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Um...

It's probably an NAT problem

One of you has a Strict NAT
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
im not a big tech guy but i know when i go into my xbox live settings it says i have an open NAT which i found out is what most people have, but he says he also has an open NAT. i did find out that his internet connection is a company who provides internet for only residents of texas. so im thinking its his connection
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Quote by malmsteenkid
im not a big tech guy but i know when i go into my xbox live settings it says i have an open NAT which i found out is what most people have, but he says he also has an open NAT. i did find out that his internet connection is a company who provides internet for only residents of texas. so im thinking its his connection

But then how does he play online? Most likely not everyone he plays with is in Texas...or atleast I hope not...
Plus if that were the case he'd be playing LAN games.
I have no idea
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
^ i meant his brodband internet provider is based in texas but he still plays on xbox live so im not sure wtf the prob is with this lag, and i never even heard of brodband internet thru a satellite b4.