No sure this is were to post if not I am very sorry, I would llike to know what would be a good choose in new pickups for my Schecter Omen The stock ones just are not cutting it.
wat type of music do u play
Quote by Julz127
I don't actually use toilet paper, I use sweet chili sauce and sandpaper, cause I'm a man.
depends what you play. For metalcore I would recomend EMG's, For more hard rock, rock stuff Seymour duncans, and For shred stuff Dimarzios. And all the rest is up to personal preference, some people like to play high output pickups, and some like low outputs, so it's all up to what you want.
well I really only play metal and country but some times some other stuff I was thinking EMG's But though maybe there are better out there
go passive. EMG's will not be good for country. look at seymour duncan's website for what fits your description.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Passive? reallu I have always used active and have been very happy with them though I dont really know whats different between the two..?

I got an acoustic Petal for country.. if that makes a difference..?
only rason i ever used active is because i have a ****ty les paul jr made by epi, which was modded to hell, and got an EMG 81 for like 50 bucks. i did that because it's a plywood body, no tone.

if you ahve a guitar made of decent wood, passive will give it more of it's own type of sound. you can get something wound pretty hot, but not so hot that it can't handle country. and the peDal might sound better with passive too. what's your amp?

when it comes down to it, every EMG sounds almost the same while every passiev sounds entirely different.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Most important quetion to answer is what amp do you have?

I'd have thought EMG's would actually be pretty good for country given their flat EQ response, but amp first. And I find it hard to believe that you've "always used active " if you don't even know what they are.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I agree with the seagull and what he said.

I reckon we need an ultimate pickup thread.
Call me Duncan.

Nearly always have D'addario EXL110 strings instock - just ask!

Custom made guitar slides available - choose the glass, length etc.. Engraving availible. PM or email for more info.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!