btw, sorry if this is in the wrong section, couldnt think of where else to put it...

anyways...has anyone ever heard of a non-screaming band like idk...Seether or anybody that doesnt scream, do a cover of a band that does scream/growl like Cannibal Corpse or something like that. like It Dies Today, Evergreen Terrace and those bands do covers of Depeche mode and ****, they do screaming versions. but how would a now scream/growl band do that? especially if they didnt wanna scream...would it be any good?
That didn't make any sense.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
yeah it did. what he means is what if a band were to remake a song from a hardcore screaming death metal band with everything except a screaming voice. (carlos mencia dee dee dee)
....ok.. lets talk about muse.. nice voice hardcore band.. what if some other band remade a song BUT with a screaming voice.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
him on his way to world domination
OK lemme rephrase!!!
a non-scremaing band covers a screaming band's song...what do you think? is it possible for it to be good?
Quote by freak180
....ok.. lets talk about muse.. nice voice hardcore band.. what if some other band remade a song BUT with a screaming voice.
He's talking about a band like Paramore covering a Necrophagist song.
I don't see why it wouldn't be possible

If a song that sounds good with clean singing can sound good with screaming, than a song that sounds good with screaming can sound good with clean singing. Seems logical to me..
Well a lot of melodic death metal and metalcore use a guitar to play a melody instead of vocals. If a non-growler/screamer band would cover something like that the vocalist would just sing the guitar melody. Sometimes I hum or sing Amon Amarth or In Flames songs.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
what we all need is a job, alife, and a girl that will give you any desire whenever the **** you want. just leave it at that. oh and amon amarth scares me.
Quote by freak180
oh and amon amarth scares me.

Are you either 9 or a 55 year old man?

Because young adults aren't "scared" by music, to be honest.

And, about the thread, it depends on the band, mood, song, and lyric.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
What we all need to do is forget insane creativity which will lead to the death of metal and focus on regenerating the metal scene.. It seems to me people are focusing on Avril Lavigne covering Metallica rather than metallica or some other pop cultural metal fiasco bands covering old and serious bands only to ridicule them in some subliminal way stating that new or "nu" things are better than old.
Yeah, I realize that some bands are bound to be boring but those are the bands we need to keep our eyes on and focus our structure.

I know, here comes the old elite bastard with a name that resembles corpse dinner but prove me wrong..

In metal, the older survives longer, the nu/new dies quicker.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Last edited by Necrolust at Aug 1, 2008,
like six feet under covering ac/dc?
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by freak180
oh and amon amarth scares me.

Then GTFO the metal forum.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

at Seether covering Cannibal Corpse.

To put it bluntly, what you're asking is whether a poppy band has covered an underground growling song. Answer: basically, no, since for one thing, many, many poppy bands don't have the instrumental ability to play them. One exception I can think of is Lostprophets covering Davidian, but it was godawful.
Quote by Popsai
Then GTFO the metal forum.

hey hey hey i like metal. thing is they make no freakng sense. i don't say i hate them to death or something but i don't listen to them. god i hate assholes.
Quote by freak180
thing is they make no freakng sense..

They are actually VERY straightforward melodic death metal.

And, by very I mean straight to the point.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
Amon Amarth pwns, I'm going to go see them in October with Ensiferum, Belphegor, and The Absence

But what does the whole job, life, and girl things have to do with this?

i have no idea. but it sure is a good thing to keep in mind
Quote by Slaytanic1993
They are actually VERY straightforward melodic death metal.

And, by very I mean straight to the point.

no i meant when they sing. i have never read their lyrics. and i'm sixteen poopsai!!!
fack it. you guys are too hardcore. i gots to go. you guys can have your one man moshpit while i'm gone
Quote by freak180
no i meant when they sing. i have never read their lyrics. and i'm sixteen poopsai!!!

Johan is probably in the top 5 most understandable death metal vocalists.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by freak180
fack it. you guys are too hardcore. i gots to go. you guys can have your one man moshpit while i'm gone

No, please don't leave! You can be someone we can all hate! You will unite us! DON'T GO!!!
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish
No, please don't leave! You can be someone we can all hate! You will unite us! DON'T GO!!!

Don't worry, Slarti, there will always be the guys who sign up, post a metalcore thread and then never post again.

Quote by eggsandham2
Yeah, but they don't offer much in the way of people to hate, because they go away eventually...
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Johan is probably in the top 5 most understandable death metal vocalists.

agreed. Him and Mikael Åkerfeldt, Peter Tatgren(especially his Bloodbath stuff, nothing is not understandable), Dallas Toler-Wade, and maybe Corpsegrinder.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Last edited by poopsmith666 at Aug 1, 2008,
Quote by poopsmith666
agreed. Him and Mikael Åkerfeldt, Dan Swano(especially his Bloodbath stuff, nothing is not understandable), Dallas Toler-Wade, and maybe Corpsegrinder.

Dan drummed for Bloodbath

Or did he do backing vocals as well?

And, I agree about all of them.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by poopsmith666
agreed. Him and Mikael Åkerfeldt, Dan Swano(especially his Bloodbath stuff, nothing is not understandable), Dallas Toler-Wade, and maybe Corpsegrinder.

I'd add Ross Dolan of Immolation. I can't really understand Dallas that well.
Edit: And the Vader guy.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Dan drummed for Bloodbath

Or did he do backing vocals as well?

And, I agree about all of them.

this. Sorry, got mixed up lol. The only two people I ever think of when I think "Bloodbath" are Mike and Dan Swano, but cleary Dan never did any vox...

I think I meant Peter Tatgren
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Ah, fair enough

And, Piotr is amazing (to zigz), and I'd put him as thrash vocalist so I can't really say. Though in Vader's early days he was easily a dm vocalist.

Quote by eggsandham2