Page 1 of 2
Is it just me, or does the media seem to only report about things that go wrong in our society? Whenever I watch the news, all I hear about is all the violence and hate that takes place in our world. I wonder why they don't talk about the good things that happen instead. I mean, yes, there is alot of crap that happens, but there is also alot of good things that are happening all around us too, not just murder and rape around every corner! I'd like to know your view on this subject, pit. Does the news accurately describe our world, or does it try to view everything in a bad light?
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
Tragedy sells; peace doesn't.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Fuzzy puppies cannot be made into a shocking headline like: MAN RAPES GOAT WHILE KILLING THE QUEEN WITH TONGS!
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
Yeah People would rather hear"A Metorite has just crashed in NYC killing hundreds of people"Then..."There has been a new local park built and everyone loves it"
Who Said Anything About A Signature ? ಠ_ಠ
hell, the only thing the in the American news anymore is celebrities and this 'recession'
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Quote by metallicaboy27
Yeah People would rather hear"A Metorite has just crashed in NYC killing hundreds of people"Then..."There has been a new local park built and everyone loves it"

I wonder why, though. Is it some sort of need within us to hear bad news about other people in order to feel better about ourselves?

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
THIS JUST IN!!! "Man gives his 1000th blood donation this morning"

THIS JUST IN!!! "Escaped cheetah eats 17 people after smoking marijuana"

Which one appeals more to the casual reader?
For some reason, there has been a lot of bad news going around lately. Just tonight, on the pit, i read how some dudes dog died terribly and two different cases about someone choping someone else into little bite size peices.
-Andrew H
band: syncopated groove punch
would you want to live in a world that doesn't show you the bad side of life? wishing for big brother, are ya?
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by pwrmax

Idk about you, but I'd be MUCH more interested to find out how a guy gave 1,000 pints (or 125 GALLONS) of blood.
Quote by synpet713192
Idk about you, but I'd be MUCH more interested to find out how a guy gave 1,000 pints (or 125 GALLONS) of blood.

+1, I'd rather hear about something that didn't revolve around pain and/or death.

Quote by cheeseman3001
would you want to live in a world that doesn't show you the bad side of life? wishing for big brother, are ya?

I'd like to live in a world that showed me both the good and the bad, not just the bad. And what does big brother have to do with this?

Quote by solidgay

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
They're not gonna talk about how generous Mr. Jones is and how he let his lonely neighbour have dinner with his family. That wouldn't sell.
the news reporting nothing but bad things is the reason people always talk about how horrible the world is today. kids dont watch news; they are happy. this is also why old people talk about how much greater their childhood was as opposed to ours (which annoys the hell out of all of us i think).
If the world was perfect and everything was fine then they'd report it. But it's not, and these bad things affect people. Seriously, what do you think affects people more - a terrorist attack, or that guy who helped an old woman who had a flat tire? A suicide bombing that killed 5 soldiers from your country or how that brave fireman got that cat out of a tree? A natural disaster or a dogshow?
Furthermore, do you even watch the damn news? They report more than the bad things in the world. They report on politics, regional developments, big building plans, bravery from people in the community, etc.
Perhaps if you stopped trying to be rebellious for a minute and watched a full news program instead of the headlines, you'd realise you're wrong.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by black007hawk2
I'd like to live in a world that showed me both the good and the bad, not just the bad. And what does big brother have to do with this?

playing off of what i said, basically controlling everything you see and hear ( have you read 1984?)
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Peace sells, but who's buying?
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Quote by dann_blood
If the world was perfect and everything was fine then they'd report it. But it's not, and these bad things affect people. Seriously, what do you think affects people more - a terrorist attack, or that guy who helped an old woman who had a flat tire? A suicide bombing that killed 5 soldiers from your country or how that brave fireman got that cat out of a tree? A natural disaster or a dogshow?
Furthermore, do you even watch the damn news? They report more than the bad things in the world. They report on politics, regional developments, big building plans, bravery from people in the community, etc.
Perhaps if you stopped trying to be rebellious for a minute and watched a full news program instead of the headlines, you'd realise you're wrong.

I'm not talking about just reporting the good. Such journalism is biased and doesn't deserve to be broadcast. But it would be nice to have a balance between good news and bad news, you know.
Yes, I watch the damn news, so don't even think about treating me like a three year old for a second. I have an opinion, deal with it.

Quote by solidgay

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
Just generating fear...

www.zeitgeistmovie.com

If you havent watched it already its worth a watch.

Theres a thread about this but it should be highlighted, it certainly made me more aware.
No one here, gets out alive
well, I(as well as many others in my community) like to watch things die, from a good safe distance. 'Cause tragedy thrills me Whatever flavor it happens to be, You all need it to Don't lie
You are now blinking manually
Quote by pwrmax

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the 2nd one happened though.
Quote by magnus_maximus
+1 for the Megadave reference.

I was quoting people then adding in my comment just to show that it's not as deep as people think, although it does hold some partial truth.
Well, reporting bad news serve a practical purpose. It gives society more motivation to better/advance itself. If you sat around all day with people patting your back, would you really make any more effort?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Scare tactics.

You scare people into thinking death is right outside their front door, so they rely more on the government and dont give a **** when they're being ****ed up the ass with their own constitution.

Police State, google it.
Quote by Kyle.E
Scare tactics.

You scare people into thinking death is right outside their front door, so they rely more on the government and dont give a **** when they're being ****ed up the ass with their own constitution.

Police State, google it.

How insightful.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
the only bad news on canadian news is something related with americans
if theres a murder its always related to friggin americans,
when there is bad news its crazy like the guy who decapitated some 22yr old guy on the bus (manitoba)
either then that
usually my news consists of stuff the natives are doing to improve our country, ect ect
changes on speed bumps
haha
canadian news sucks
Quote by Kyle.E
Scare tactics.

Police State, google it.

+1 ......sometimes you gotta get angry

We are human ****ing beings afterall.
No one here, gets out alive
I'm not talking about just reporting the good. Such journalism is biased and doesn't deserve to be broadcast. But it would be nice to have a balance between good news and bad news, you know.
Yes, I watch the damn news, so don't even think about treating me like a three year old for a second. I have an opinion, deal with it.

In what ways is journalism bias? They report the news, they follow up the story, they put the story on their news program. Don't like it? Go buy a newspaper, where you'll find the exact same story without a nice man in a suit reading it.
It would be nice to have a balance between good and bad news, but you see, the point of the news is to report what happens in the world that affects people, not to make you feel good when you watch it.
I doubt that you actually watch whole news programs frequently, because there is always some "good" news there. Yeah, the bad stuff is reported first, because that gets people in to watch it. It's called a sales pitch. It's business.
The world's a shithole. If you can't deal with it, then stop reading and watching the news.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
They don't put good news because how do you put good news beside someone being decapitated on a grey hound bus. Yes, just outside of my city, (maybe 1 hour away) someone was randomly attacked while sleeping, the guy sitting beside him stabbed him about 50 times and then cut off his head and taunted the police with it.

Really... Screwed up.

Passengers said the victim was stabbed dozens of times in the Wednesday night attack aboard the bus as it traveled a desolate stretch of the TransCanada Highway about 12 miles from Portage La Prairie, Manitoba.

Witnesses described a grisly killing that occurred as some were napping and others watching "The Legend of Zorro" on the television screens inside the bus.

Shortly after passengers reboarded the bus following a break, the suspect — for no apparent reason — stabbed the man sitting next to him several dozen times as passengers fled in horror, witnesses said. He then severed the man's head, displayed it and began hacking at the body.

Garnet Caton, who was sitting just one seat in front of them, said the suspect had been on the bus about an hour. He initially did not sit near the victim but changed seats after a rest stop. Caton said he did not hear the two speak to each other before the attack.

"We heard this bloodcurdling scream and turned around, and the guy was standing up, stabbing this guy repeatedly," Caton said.

Caton watched in horror as blood sprayed across the back of the bus, he told The Globe & Mail daily.

"He had a Rambo, hunting knife covered in blood and he just kept going at the guy," Caton said. "He was very calmly killing the guy and the other guy was screaming bloody murder."

Caton said the driver stopped the bus when he became aware of the attack and passengers raced off. A short while later, Caton said he re-boarded along with the bus driver and a trucker who had stopped to see what was happening.

He said the suspect had the victim on the floor of the bus and "was cutting his head off" with a large hunting knife.

"When he was attacking him, he was calm," said Caton. "There was no rage or anything. He was just like a robot stabbing the guy."

The attacker turned toward them and the three men quickly left the bus, blocking the door as the attacker slashed at them through an opening. Caton said the driver disabled the vehicle after the attacker tried to drive it away.

As the three guarded the door with a crow bar and a hammer, the attacker went back to the body and calmly came to the front of the bus to show off the head, Caton said.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hx-mB9K812hwZqPx4HhsRsgjT7YwD929MGK80
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by pwrmax

The second one because you've been watching Harold and Kumar huh?
peace sells... but who's buying?

edit: crap
Last edited by Soadfan8 at Aug 1, 2008,
A billion people died on the news tonight
But not so many cried at the terrible sight
Well mama said
It's just make believe
You can't believe everything you see
So baby close your eyes to the lullabies
On the news tonight

Who's the one to decide that it would be alright
To put the music behind the news tonight
Well mama said
You can't believe everything you hear
The diagetic world is so unclear
So baby close your ears
On the news tonight
On the news tonight

The unobtrusive tones on the news tonight
And mama said
Mmm

Why don't the newscasters cry when they read about people who die
At least they could be decent enough to put just a tear in their eyes
Mama said
It's just make believe
You cant believe everything you see
So baby close your eyes to the lullabies
On the news tonight

JACK JOHNSON FTW!
"You've got to dance like nobody else is watching.
Dream like you will live forever.
Live like you're going to die tomorrow,
and love like it is never gonna hurt."
-- James Dean (1931-1955)

Quote by JakeTheDuck
This man has the right idea.

^
oh yeahhh
Quote by Craigo
I was quoting people then adding in my comment just to show that it's not as deep as people think, although it does hold some partial truth.

+1. Especially when every other post is quoting the same line.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by pwrmax

Dude...I swear that's from Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle
Page 1 of 2