i just got one of these things, and i thought you just adjusted the threshold to your liking
and i have, but the problem is i can't seem to get it to cut all the hum from every pickup on my strat and explorer, without losing a bunch of sustain
any help here?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
i wouuld like to pose this same question but regarding a rocktron hush c....
is it in the effects loop or in front of the amp? i dunno which one would work better, so try both.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
is it in the effects loop or in front of the amp? i dunno which one would work better, so try both.

will do but right now i'm running it at the end of my pedal chain, which i'm running all in front of the amp, (i use my ds-1 and metal muff way more than the mg amp distortion)
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
i found that it cut all my hum in the fx loop, but didn't sound as natural. i run mine in front of the amp, and at high gain it doesn't cut 100% of the hum, but it cuts quite a bit (and it sounds better).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i found that it cut all my hum in the fx loop, but didn't sound as natural. i run mine in front of the amp, and at high gain it doesn't cut 100% of the hum, but it cuts quite a bit (and it sounds better).

+1

Yup and the g string solves that issue

Im going to eventually get the Rack Version..
yeah, i know, but i bought mine before the g-string was released...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, i know, but i bought mine before the g-string was released...

Me to man, me too.. I was actually pretty pisst when i found out lol but ohhh well it happens.... Just gives me an excuse to hard mount this one inside an amp
well it seems the problem is that i can't cut the hum and feedback for neck pickups and all, without cutting a ton of sustain
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Me to man, me too.. I was actually pretty pisst when i found out lol but ohhh well it happens.... Just gives me an excuse to hard mount this one inside an amp

yeah, i was kinda pissed too, but at the same time i needed something to cut noise considering i got mine maybe two years before the g-string was released... it's not like i'd have done without a noise gate...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?