Hi I'm 16 and I've been playin for a couple years now and I think it's time for a little upgrade.

Right now I have an Epiphone Les Paul, paid around 500$ for it. Peavey rage 258 amp, 20 watts i think?

I play mostly Classic rock but I'm starting to like the blues. People tell me I should get a nice stratocaster because it has the ability to sound good bluesy, distorted and clean which sounds nice.

Heres the guitar I was thinking of getting, not necessarily from that site but you know. http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--FEN110402

I don't have any pedals, stomp box's or whatever, I'm also wondering what is a good multi effect pedal and also a good wha pedal for a decent price.

My budget is around 1500$ for the guitar and I'm not sure how much a good pedal would be so if you have any suggestions, let know.
I don't want a flying V no matter what, not a fan of them. :P

Thanks.
Last edited by Gilpet at Aug 1, 2008,
Does the guitar feel good in your hnds? Do you like how it plays, how it sounds? Do you really NEED a stompbox?

Do you realize you can play the blues on anything, and that the blues itself comes from YOU and not the guitar? Either way, it's a good guitar

I re-read your post. Most multi-effects pedals suck your tone, but a Dunlop Crybaby is a good all around wah pedal. Try em out. Most wahs sound fairly similar too. Just stay away from Behringer products.

All in all, get the guitar that YOU like, not what people SAY you should get. Personally I dislike Strats AND Les Pauls, but that's my opinion and it's based on my preferences. Try guitars out in the store, and make the decision based on your experiences. You've got a good budget, and can afford a great guitar on it.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Aug 1, 2008,
You can never go wrong with an American Strat, especially if your're looking for a nice blues sound. I just got one a few months ago and I absolutely love it. I got the Olympic White with rosewood fret board and it's simply beautiful. But If you got the cash then you might as well go for the American Deluxe and you'll have a few bucks left over to get an ibanez tube screamer.
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Also, what amp do you have? You might wanna put some of that money towards a good tube amp (Like a Blackheart Little Giant or a Crate V series, or even a Peavey Classic 30). A tube Screamer won't sound that great through a solid-state amp, and the amp itself will make a bigger impact on your tone than a new guitar will.

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Quote by Shinozoku
Also, what amp do you have? You might wanna put some of that money towards a good tube amp (Like a Blackheart Little Giant or a Crate V series, or even a Peavey Classic 30). A tube Screamer won't sound that great through a solid-state amp, and the amp itself will make a bigger impact on your tone than a new guitar will.

Peavy rage 258, pretty cheap. I think it's 20 watts
Quote by Shinozoku

Peavey rage 258, pretty cheap. I think it's 20 watts
I'd upgrade your amp too. On your budget, you can get the Blackheart ($300) and the guitar ($1,100), AND a wah ($70) and have money left over for a strap

Stupid name.

ive played that exact guitar at this local shop in blizzard pearl, like new and the guy only wanted 450$$$$$$$

i so should've gotten it

anyways its, AMAZING!!!!!!!!
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
the zoom g1-x or g1 and above pedals are quiet decent the boss ds-1 or sd-1 can give you a good blues sound for blues iuse the ds-1 its really good the zoom g1 pedal costs around 80$ max
get a roland cube 20-x amp if you want to change your amp it has everything you need except for the wah
Quote by Iceman 420
Get a new amp. You could get a pretty good amp and maybe compromise for a MIM Strat?

He can afford that guitar AND a goood amp though =/ Plus a TS or a wah, depending on which he'd use more.
Quote by fretburn
get a roland cube 20-x amp if you want to change your amp it has everything you need except for the wah

The blues AND classic rock (and most other Genres except maybe Jazz) call for tube. the Roland is a good amp, but if you have the money, you should go for a tube amp, and he does.

Stupid name.

Quote by Shinozoku
He can afford that guitar AND a goood amp though =/ Plus a TS or a wah, depending on which he'd use more.

Yeah, but it depends on whether TS is gigging and what he wants more. He could spend that $500 on an guitar and the $1000 on an amp, hell, he could get two at that price if he goes used.
Quote by Iceman 420
Yeah, but it depends on whether TS is gigging and what he wants more. He could spend that $500 on an guitar and the $1000 on an amp, hell, he could get two at that price if he goes used.

Forgot to mention I'm not buying any of it used.

Lots of sketchy used stuff going around here, hah.
Quote by Iceman 420

My point exactly. A used Classic 30 would be loud enough for gigging, quiet enough for bedroom practice, and wouldn't cost more than about $500 used, if that much. But the Blackheart Little giant would be loud enough for small club gigs (it's the same wattage as the Epiphone Valve Junior, which can easily be heard over a blues drummer, bass, and vocals.) Plus, the American Strat (if he does indeed get it) would be an amazing guitar. If he does wanna go for something more, he could get an MIM strat, Classic 30, AND a wah if he wanted. There's lots of options in that price range.

EDIT: Ah, so not used? Well then $600 for a Classic 30 combo. See if you can find any of the aforementioned guitars and amps and try them out for yourself. At least find a way to fit a good little tube amp into the equation that will fit both your classic rock and blues needs, and find a guitar that's comfortable to you. Try out effects before going overboard with them (they're addictive), and good luck in your search I hope I've been helpful.

Stupid name.

Quote by Shinozoku
My point exactly. A used Classic 30 would be loud enough for gigging, quiet enough for bedroom practice, and wouldn't cost more than about $500 used, if that much. But the Blackheart Little giant would be loud enough for small club gigs (it's the same wattage as the Epiphone Valve Junior, which can easily be heard over a blues drummer, bass, and vocals.) Plus, the American Strat (if he does indeed get it) would be an amazing guitar. If he does wanna go for something more, he could get an MIM strat, Classic 30, AND a wah if he wanted. There's lots of options in that price range.

EDIT: Ah, so not used? Well then $600 for a Classic 30 combo. See if you can find any of the aforementioned guitars and amps and try them out for yourself. At least find a way to fit a good little tube amp into the equation that will fit both your classic rock and blues needs, and find a guitar that's comfortable to you. Try out effects before going overboard with them (they're addictive), and good luck in your search I hope I've been helpful.

Thank you very much, you have been so helpful.
If you look used on eBay, you could get a MIM Strat for $300, Peavey Classic 30 for $400, a Fender Blues Deluxe for less than $600, and still have enough for an OD. The Peavey Classic would be good for classic rock and British-voiced blues, but the Blues Deluxe. For American-voiced blues, that's where it's at.