I'm looking to get my first tube amp, I currently have a Roland Cube 60 but it doesn't work properly and I don't like it anyway..

I want a combo, and am looking to spend around $500. I've been looking for a used 5150 for weeks but have not had any luck whatsoever. The B-52 AT-112 has caught my attention and I've heard some pretty good things about it. I'm looking for something that can handle high gain well as I want to play metal with it.

Is this a good amplifier?
Last edited by ers1 at Aug 1, 2008,
I played this and the 4x12 halfstack version at Guitar Center a month or so ago.

While I like the way it sounded (very recto-ish, and it can do pretty high gain), I've heard pretty bad things about their reliability, and that's why I'm shying away from it...
The reliability issues have long been resolved on their AT series amps. They are damn good amps. I've heard a couple people mention things like tolex coming up lately, but everything on my 212 is pristine, and it's great on dirt and cleans
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Some other ones I've been looking at are the Randall RG50TC and Valveking 112, but I have heard that the RG50TC doesn't have good tone while the Valveking doesn't have as much gain as I might want
theyre pretty ****ing high gain dude.

ive played the 2x12 and 1x12, they both sound exactly the same.

the one thing i didnt like was the clean channel, very plain, almost solid state sounding.

i however do prefer the tone of my valveking.
The B-52 AT has gain for days, and the cleans are amazing....

It's just my opinion, but I think the AT series leaves the valveking far behind..
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator