I was wanting the tone of a fender vibroverb but was drooling over a super reverb. Well i've been watching what might just be my dream amp. It was a vv reissue. The guy had a new custom cab built and had it handwired. It normally comes with 1 15 speaker, this had 4 10 oxford speakers!!! I got it 579 w/ shipping. I'm new to tubes and usually play with s.s. amps. Can you guys tell me how these tubes will do?

Speakers: A) 10XG748 637076 10K5F1 0572 B) same C) 10XG748 637076 10KF-1 1121 D) same

Transformers: A) can't read it B) B036486 EIA 606-216 C) A036968 EIA 606-216 D) C03-099 EIA 606-230

Tubes: two 5881 WXT, five 12AX7A, one 12AT7

I'm going for srv, jimi, john mayer tone, but want it versatile. I've got a taylor t5, ibanez ts808, keeley compressor, and soon a relic'd fender strat.
You win and I hate you, tubes will be fine, if they dont sound the way you want, go to eurotubes.com and they'll hook you up, just tell them want you want you're amp to sound like
I'm so excited man. The guy said it'd have a 60 cycle hum..... but he's playin a strat which single coils tend to give off. I play with a humbucker, even if it's the amp, it can be fixed. I think i got a steal
You realize that those number codes for the speakers and transformers mean absolutely nothing to us right?
Quote by al112987
You realize that those number codes mean absolutely nothing to us right?

You realize half of the ppl on here think they know everything about guitars etc. I figured if i asked (since i can admit it's way beyond my knowledge, and as stated I'm used to playing solid state amps) that you guys used to tubes can tell me if these will help me achieve the tone i want.
Quote by benjammin21
You realize half of the ppl on here think they know everything about guitars etc. I figured if i asked (since i can admit it's way beyond my knowledge, and as stated I'm used to playing solid state amps) that you guys used to tubes can tell me if these will help me achieve the tone i want.

Sorry if it came off bad, I wasn't trying to be a dick, I was talking about the transformer and speaker codes, in particular about how it doesn't actually tell us anything about the speaker or transformers.
Quote by al112987
Sorry if it came off bad, I wasn't trying to be a dick, I was talking about the transformer and speaker codes, in particular about how it doesn't actually tell us anything about the speaker or transformers.

Yeah i didn't mean to be either. But i didn't mean to cut that out. The guy on ebay selling it was selling it for his brother and had no idea. I was just curious about the tubes. I heard groove tubes were the standard. Those didn't match up with the groove tube codes.