I have a PRS SE Custom but I want to swap out the stock pickups. I was think of a DiMarzio PAF Joe DP213 at the neck and a DiMarzio Mo' Joe DP216 at the bridge. I basically want a pure rock sound. I'm not really looking for versatility here. I won't be playing jazz, funk or country with this set up.

I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Quote by forsaknazrael
Define "pure rock".

With that set, you'll sound a lot like Satch. srsly.

It's kinda hard to explain but I guess its somewhere between, heavy metal and blues. Sorry to be so vague but It doesn't really matter just as long as they sound better than the stock pickups lol.

And I have no problem sounding like satch
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Well, then you would probably like those pickups.

I can give you a couple of other combos that'll fit within your vague description, haha.

A pair of Dimarzio Breeds would work nicely, and do blues and metal well. Fat tone, nice and aggressive.

Leaning more towards the blues side, a Seymour Duncan SH-14 Custom 5 in the bridge, and an SH-1 '59 in the neck. Don't be fooled, though, they can do metal, as demonstrated by Mark Morton (of Lamb of God fame) using a pair of SH-1 '59s. The bridge pickup here will have a nice aggressive top end bite, and the neck pickup will have a nice brightness to it.
The thing is I want to use my Fender for blues and my PRS just for rock. I guess what it comes down to is I want it to be able to handle Alternative, Rock, Classic Rock, Metal, and Progressive Rock. Any suggestions for a good combination?
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Mahogany body right? In that case if you want to emphasise the lower mids and have a fat, warm tone the Breeds would be good. If you want to balance things out with more top end then go with the Custom 5/59 set.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
birdge - Dimarzio Norton
neck - Dimarzio PAF Pro
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Quote by steven seagull
Mahogany body right? In that case if you want to emphasise the lower mids and have a fat, warm tone the Breeds would be good. If you want to balance things out with more top end then go with the Custom 5/59 set.

Pretty much. Both are good sets for what you want, just depends on what part of your tone you want to emphasize.
Quote by JLT73
birdge - Dimarzio Norton
neck - Dimarzio PAF Pro

+1 this too

a good, versatile, straight-up set of pickups that will do just about anything.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com