I search bar-ed and everything, looked at alot of the threads but i figured it'd be better to make a thread based on my own problems.

When it started i kinda have no idea when because i wasn't near the computer, but it happened earlier tonight. The wallpaper changed from what i originally had to a blue screen that said "Spyware has been found on your computer, install programs to delete them!" or something like that. So i ran my programs for protection so see what's up and installed and got AVG and scanned that.

But now, everything is still the same, but when i restart the computer the wallpaper changes to just a blank blue screen. Every once and awhile a think from my tool bar pops up saying "antivirus has found ___ virus' on your computer. It is recommended to disinfect files as soon as possible" with the black increasing just about everytime.

Is there any quick way out of this? Like someone said in another thread, i just want my computer back to the way it was. I system restored and it didn't do anything.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
system restore doesnt work most of the time. viruses have become as advanced as to hide in the system restore files so if you do restore theres a backup, and most virus programs dont catch that.

i would recommend taking it to a professional and having your hard drive backed up and cleaned. sorry, no quick way out of this one.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TheEmoStrangler
a virus is causing the pop ups

go here http://www.comodo.com/products/free_products.html and use there products.

edit use the antivirus and anti malware and it should help

I'm not getting any pop ups. It's a notice from the computer type pop up that's coming from one of my virus protection programs that i do have. No website pop ups or anything.
Quote by Pookie6
I'm not getting any pop ups. It's a notice from the computer type pop up that's coming from one of my virus protection programs that i do have. No website pop ups or anything.

n00b that's spyware don't click that shit! Copy all your harddrive stuff you want to keep and wipe your system clean, reinstall windows (or whatever), and put your crap back on. I did it, you can too.

(That's it in a nutshell, good luck dude)
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
Quote by which ones pink
System restore will get it. My mom had that same adware, and she restored back to the day before it showed up, and that took care of it.

Really? Because i did that and it didn't work. So i really don't think that's what to do.

Quote by Abunai X
Yeah, I got a virus on my old comp. It changed the wallpaper to red though. Does your wallpaper look like a blue version of this at all?

http://www.precisesecurity.com/images/red-biohazard.jpg

No not at all. It was just a very basic solid blue screen in a box with with i said was in it in yellow font.
I suggest you guys to use Kaspersky to protect your Pc against intruders. I use it and I recommend it cause it's very efficient and for me worked very well.