I'm looking at buying a distortion pedal this week but not quite sure which 1 to buy yet taking all suggestions....I'm looking for a pedal well suited to Rammstein as thats 1 of the main bands I play

I'm currently leaning towards the line 6 uber metal pedal

any suggestions appreciated,

Shane
Boss Mt-2's are the best. If you got the cash, you can get one Modded by Keeley, they take them apart. Put better compnonts, and give you a few more options. Its like 150$ This would really be your best bet man these are Armageddon in a box.
I dont know about the uber metal but here is some advice.

DO NOT GET THE BOSS MT-2 METAL ZONE.
DO NOT GET THE BEHRINGER ULTRA METAL.

These are the two most horrible distortion sounds i have ever heard. No matter what you do with these it always sounds like fuzzy, hollow $hit.

However i would suggest getting an EQ pedal to go along with whatever distortion you choose. They can really make a decent pedal sound like an amazing pedal.

Quote by MetalGear1786
Boss Mt-2's are the best. If you got the cash, you can get one Modded by Keeley, they take them apart. Put better compnonts, and give you a few more options. Its like 150$ This would really be your best bet man these are Armageddon in a box.

Keely modded metal zones on the other hand are actually a **** loads better than the standard metal zone a freind of a freind of mine brought his rig over when i was at my mates house and his Keely modded metal zone was actually decent.

But stay away from standard metal zones.

EDIT: I played a Marshall JackHammer at a store and it sounded pretty good. Try one out at a store and decide for yourself.

EDIT AGAIN: What amp have you got?
Last edited by Final !mpact at Aug 1, 2008,
This thread is relevant to my interests. I'm playing a Telecaster through an Orange amp and I really want to find my way to the Rammstein type of tone, also Slipknot and well -defined metal distortion type tones.
Quote by vanitybinge
This thread is relevant to my interests. I'm playing a Telecaster through an Orange amp and I really want to find my way to the Rammstein type of tone, also Slipknot and well -defined metal distortion type tones.

Then make your own thread, don't bump threads that are 5 years old.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
why dont you shutup. This thread represents a topic I'm interested in. If you wanna play forum bitch do it somewhere else.
Cute.

Read the rules. Thanks.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
I've been on this site a tad longer than you, Pokey. There's no rule against bumping old threads and this isn't some 'necrobump' as I have a vested interest in the topic.

BTW, thanks for the bump!
Last edited by vanitybinge at Jul 17, 2013,
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1608120

Necrobumping. If you are searching through the archives, please take a look at the thread date before you post. If the thread is more than a month or two old, please don't post in it unless there's a very good reason (e.g., you started the thread and there's been an update.) If you really have something to say or ask about the subject, start a new thread.

There is.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore