Would putting a mustang neck on a stratocaster (actually its a starcaster but I think their dimensions are the exact same) work? I want to get a new neck because I hate how the triangle headstock, and I really like the short-scale of the mustang. So.... I know the dimensions have to be the same, but I couldnt find the mustang neck dimensions anywhere (other than the radius). I dont want to do any mods to the guitar other than neck, so i dont want to sand the neck pocket it or alter it in any way. Would this work? IS there a shortscale strat neck? Thanks
honestly dude you won't find a good neck for a cheap price, and if you want to put that much into guitar stuff then i would use the money to buy a better guitar.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
Quote by ccatrackstar
honestly dude you won't find a good neck for a cheap price, and if you want to put that much into guitar stuff then i would use the money to buy a better guitar.

completely agree. It just seems like a lot of work and that neck would probably be worth more than your guitar.
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Quote by Colgate Total
Are they different scale lengths?

It probably won't work, though I can't be sure.

theres probably a shortscale conversion neck somewhere but its probably going to be lacking a few of the higher frets - and i doubt it'd be cheap.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
dont do it, the neck will cost more than the guitar and the heel might not fit the pocket
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
You may as well just save up and buy a Fender Classic '65 Mustang. Hell, it'll sound better, be better and overall, it won't be a shite guitar!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Warmoth sells strat and mustang necks that fit the same neck pocket. The mustang neck is listed as a 24" neck. So yea a short scale warmoth neck would fit in a starcaster or should. But the neck itself is minimum 157$ and is unfinished. Or more than the whole starcaster guitar. If you like the short 24 try a epi or gibson with the 24.75 might be to your liking. You can always get a conversion neck for a strat body to make it 24 or 24.75.