Who else is a fan? They are quite possibly my favorite black metal band. Well, maybe not. I can't choose a favorite BM band. But they're damn good.
really weak stuff
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Don't they rely on stunts like painting swastikas on their chests and showing their D icks during shows?
i say it because it just sounds pretty tame to me

not meaning to offend anyone lol
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

I think they're awesome
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Yeah, I've been gone for a long time with some personal **** that had to be taken care of against my will haha. But mostly I've just been lurking the last week or so
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Yeah, I've been gone for a long time with some personal **** that had to be taken care of against my will haha. But mostly I've just been lurking the last week or so

Haha welcome back.
i quite like them

Nattestid Ser Porten Vid is my fave album although I havnt heard Hordaland Doedskvad yet
I was really dissapointed with the Nekro EP
Quote by greety

Yes we also shot JFK and faked the moon landing here at the UG Metal Forum.
Quote by MHDrunk
really weak stuff

For the first time in a great time, I completely disagree.

Taake wrights some of the most haunting riffs while still remaining "simple" in that black metal way (Nattestid Ser Porten Vid !.... for example)

Good stuff.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by Yeah Dude
i quite like them

Nattestid Ser Porten Vid is my fave album although I havnt heard Hordaland Doedskvad yet
I was really dissapointed with the Nekro EP

Doedskvad is great, have a listen.
I like the fact that there is some technicality in their music which make them out of common
Taake are awesome. Nattestid is my favourite, closely followed by Doedskvad. For everyone who hates them because Hoest did the Swastika thing, then I'd say it worked perfectly.
I really enjoy Taake's music, the three official albums are outstanding (Doedskvad has to be a favourite for me)... although the EP's etc leave a lot to be desired.
Taake is one of my favourite bands ever.
Oh and yeah, STOP TALKING ABOUT THAT FVCKING SWASTIKA.
Hoest has explained everything on their website about it. READ IT.
their last album is my favourite musically, Nattestid being a second.

to MH, yeah it may be tame, but was their point ever to be overly controversial and abrasive?

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
black metal needs to be abrasive imo

I love Taake!
Somehow I didn't even hear of them til maybe a year ago..
Quote by MHDrunk
black metal needs to be abrasive imo

I see your point, and agree to an extent, but I think BM is one of the more expressive subgenres of metal, so it can do a lot of things beside that too, imo

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
perhaps.
i tend to only acknowledge the raw/ugly brand of BM and forget that stuff like burzum and emperor exists haha. if we divide BM into sympho/melodic bm, dsbm, nsbm/raw and war/blasphemy influenced then i guess i only really enjoy the last one and some raw/ns

Years later and Taake still manages to only release stripped down, quality albums. I'm sure there will be many detractors on these forums nowadays considering the general population here....

Nattestid is still my favorite but I'm nominating Høst as one of Black Metal's most reliable riff makers that is still currently active. Part II on Nattestid for example; That acoustic break the leads into that riff/lead combo sounds so fucking Nordic without the use of gross "Viking" stuff. The whole album sounds like Black Metal waving a Norwegian flag but unlike it's contemporaries, it comes off as believable thanks to those riffs.

Thoughts on Taake?

Also, part five on Nattestid.... almost at the three minute mark as it picks up with that trem picking and collapses into a muted shuffle for a second then just fades away... MMM.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Oct 26, 2014,
I've honesty never given them a chance. Any thoughts on where I should start?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Anywhere. It's generally all the same, though some argue the S/T stands out as less Taake-ish than others. I started on Nattestid.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Recommended threads
Taake
Yeah Dude