Hey im new started playing like july but yea ive learned some rock songs but i have such a hard time playing while standing? like my wrist starts to hurt and i feel so uncomfortable bending my wrist alot. It's also harder to play. So does anybody have any tips? or what is my problem?
yeah i have really bad wrists so i get that a bit too.

the first strap that came with my guitar was crap, but i got a new ESP leather one and it fits perfectly. still get the sore wrists but i get em from everything.. the pains a lot better though.
well if i make it shorter its kinda up to my chest looks kinda weird... =/ but ill practice maybe to get used to it cause this happened to me when i was sitting too
yes shorten your strap or when you are playing sitting down prop your guitar onto your left leg(assuming your a right handed player if not just flip positions) instead of your right so that its like playing standing up(like classical guitar position) learn to play like this, it makes it easier to transition from sitting to standing.
You can't kill the metal
The metal will live on
LOL!!!! I have the same problems. It makes it a bit harder to play some stuff. I think it's because the way we've been playing with it sitting down. At least for me, I'm so use to looking at the fretboard, the angle of the guitar and looking down on it is effortless. But when standing up, the guitar sits lower and the guitar is more parallel with your body. Makes it harder to look down (puts more strain on your neck). You kind of have to refine your techniques (obviously).

What I do is learn to play the song, or whatever you're playing, without having to look at where your hand position is (what most guitarists should do anyway). Takes a lot of stress away from your neck and upper back. That's one thing but I still have some problems with my wrists getting sore.
Quote by JizzerWizzer
LOL!!!! I have the same problems. It makes it a bit harder to play some stuff. I think it's because the way we've been playing with it sitting down. At least for me, I'm so use to looking at the fretboard, the angle of the guitar and looking down on it is effortless. But when standing up, the guitar sits lower and the guitar is more parallel with your body. Makes it harder to look down (puts more strain on your neck). You kind of have to refine your techniques (obviously).

What I do is learn to play the song, or whatever you're playing, without having to look at where your hand position is (what most guitarists should do anyway). Takes a lot of stress away from your neck and upper back. That's one thing but I still have some problems with my wrists getting sore.

I sometimes find I can only play standing up if I'm in a place where I've never played sitting down.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?