Guys,

due to the good U.S / AUD exchange rate, does anyone know online retailers (in the style of musicians friend) that ship worldwide / to Australia. MF only ships to Canada.
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
you do know that shipping world wide (including tax etc) will set you back another... 400-500 dollars? (that is, if you buy something expensive like as guitar orso)
Last edited by Slicer666 at Aug 1, 2008,
Quote by Slicer666
you do know that shipping world wide (including tax etc) will set you back another... 400-500 dollars? (that is, if you buy something expensive like as guitar orso)

O rly?

I bought my Les Paul from an EBay store in America and paid around $50 U.S for registered Airmail.

/ Fail
Gear:

Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
and I ordered an ibanez RG prestige online (american order shop, similair to MF), came with 450 USD extra on shipping, VAT etc etc.

/fail right back atcha

but yeah, why not stick with ebay if you're that happy bout it...?
You only get the massive duty tax if the item its self costs over $1000.
Most ebay stores ship to aus.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by Slicer666
and I ordered an ibanez RG prestige online (american order shop, similair to MF), came with 450 USD extra on shipping, VAT etc etc.

/fail right back atcha

Indeed you only have to pay duty / taxes if the item is over $1000 AUD.

A simple FX pedal is not going to be anywhere near that. Yes I am happy with Ebay but it doesnt gurt to look around.

For example, on Musicians friend they are selling Ibanez TS-9's for $99 excluding postage. Ive seen them retail here for $200.
Gear:

Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
Quote by howey
You only get the massive duty tax if the item its self costs over $1000.
Most ebay stores ship to aus.

Yes, the guitar seller "may" have even underwritten the value of the LP for me to avoid duties
Gear:

Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
Quote by Slicer666

/fail right back atcha

vat is almost 20% of the value.

otherwise, you got screwed on shipping
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I've checked this out cos I live on the far north coast of NSW, near Byron Bay. The best way is to use international-orders.com
From there you can buy from musicians friend, music123, zzsounds, and more. If you're buying a guitar it'll cost you about $500 on top of the cost for the guitar and domestic USA shipping (depending on how much its worth). But that is still way better than buying in Australia (I'm buying a Fender Strat from musicians friend through this site and its gonna cost me less than half what it would if I bought it in a store in Australia). Oh and baisc Ebay shipping costs less because alot of the shipping options dont offer insurance, which is the real killer on musical and electronic equipment. But as has been said, if you're so content with Ebay, why change?

EDIT: if you're only buying effects then buy from ebay. Ebay stores often have better prices anyway
Last edited by guy_tebache at Aug 1, 2008,
GuitarTrader.com
InstrumentPro.com
PSSL.com
KingdomPro.com
IdjNow.com
MusiciansPlace.com
MusicForAll.biz