Hey guys,

You might remember my new amp thread, where I was recomended and kinda settled on a Laney VC30. Thing is, I'm unsure what huge advantage I'd get from it. I know that it's tube and I'd obv get better tone and etc from it, but for example, I'd still need to use pedals to get my distortion, as it's more vintage, so not really too good for me. The other candidate for my monies is a new guitar, looking into the ~£200 Jacksons (JS30?) So the Kelly, King V, RR V, or warrior. I don't know what to do really.

I mainly play rock/metal. From Pink Floyd to Pantera really. Some AC/DC. Ramones, Clash, and the odd acoustic.

Thanks guys.
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
I would not bother with those guitars as they are no better than the PS2 you have now...
Hmm, so I guess you'd recommend the amp?

Quote by JagerSlushy
amp
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
if you need metal tones get a different amp. simple as that

bugera ftw?

new guitar is a bit pointless
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
If you feel your a decent player don't buy a guitar at that price range, it'll be a waste of money as they're mostly beginners guitars.
RULE BRITANNIA
The huge advantage is that your guitar will sound much, much better. The VC30 will cover most of the tones you need on its own, you'd just need an overdrive pedal and maybe an EQ for the heavier stuff like Pantera.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
bugera ftw?

Hmm. Aren't those made by Behringer? And like 100 watt tube?

Quote by JagerSlushy
Quote by steven seagull
The huge advantage is that your guitar will sound much, much better. The VC30 will cover most of the tones you need on its own, you'd just need an overdrive pedal and maybe an EQ for the heavier stuff like Pantera.

Yeah, atm I'm using a Zoom G2, and Johnson DEQ2 EQ Distortion I got yesterday for £10. Not really sure if that'd do for now..

If I do indeed go tube though, I reckon I'd mostly do away with the Zoom. Go analogue.

So still reckon the VC would handle most of that? Ok then

Thanks guys!

Quote by JagerSlushy
Quote by superslash1994
Yeah, atm I'm using a Zoom G2, and Johnson DEQ2 EQ Distortion I got yesterday for £10. Not really sure if that'd do for now..

If I do indeed go tube though, I reckon I'd mostly do away with the Zoom. Go analogue.

So still reckon the VC would handle most of that? Ok then

Thanks guys!

Remember to use the OD on the CLEAN channel.
You might need to reduce treble as well, but it's up to you.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Thanks dude

Quote by JagerSlushy
Quote by superslash1994
Hmm, so I guess you'd recommend the amp?

yes.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Simsimius
Remember to use the OD on the CLEAN channel.
You might need to reduce treble as well, but it's up to you.

No, you use the OD on the DISTORTED channel to boost the amps natural overdrive.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Thanks dudes, think I will go ahead with the amp when funds roll in.

Also, Dave Mc, the Mona Lisa pic in your avatar reminds me of this freakish ginger kid in my science class.

Quote by JagerSlushy
Quote by steven seagull
No, you use the OD on the DISTORTED channel to boost the amps natural overdrive.

Yeah, but the OD I used sounded better on clean. Although I'm still trying to get it to work on drive (considering I don't own the OD yet - and don't get to play it often).
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by superslash1994
Thanks dudes, think I will go ahead with the amp when funds roll in.

Also, Dave Mc, the Mona Lisa pic in your avatar reminds me of this freakish ginger kid in my science class.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Simsimius
Yeah, but the OD I used sounded better on clean. Although I'm still trying to get it to work on drive (considering I don't own the OD yet - and don't get to play it often).

Something like the VC30 overdrives very nicely on it's own, it already makes the sound the overdrive pedal is designed to simulate. However, it doesn't have loads of gain, and because an overdrive pedal has a similar distortion effect the the amp itself they'll stack together nicely.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc