Page 1 of 2
As I am playing away, standing up in immense concentration, my right leg lifts up slightly, I tilt my bass up, and my right foot is standing on one toe with the bass half resting on my thigh.. My face is screwed up and my toungue is half out.
I did realise I was doing this but didn't see how wierd I looked untill I looked into my big bedroom mirror.

I looked like someone doing an intense guitar solo, but more dorky.

Do you ever get carried away when practising, and have the same symptons hit you, as they did me?
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

haha, i get that apart from the screwed up face and stuff, do u look down as u finish and think WTF is my leg doing?
Quote by littlebigmatt
haha, i get that apart from the screwed up face and stuff, do u look down as u finish and think WTF is my leg doing?

YES!

Its comfortable....
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
quit being so paranoid.

that leg part is because your bass is to low and you lung is sub-consciously pushin it up for you

well thats wat i think

mayb you lift your strap so your bass is higher up
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
alota people cant play guitar without their mouth hanging open, look out for it next time ur in a guitar store!
Doesnt matter, it happens anyways...
I cant play for ****, with it up high, I tend to cramp.
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
quit being so paranoid.

well whatevas more comfier for you
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
I play pretty normally but i have that jaw dropping problem apparently, i look at myself in the mirror while playing and i don't do it, but whenever i play with friends they say to me 'wtf are you doing!?"
I always clench my jaw. It's actually a bit of a problem because it hurts like **** afterwards, not to mention I look a complete idiot doing it.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Quote by Shoeboe
when i sit and play my right leg starts bouncing furiously

this... and heavy breathing sometimes when I feel like someones watching me
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I have a "bass face". Its sort of a really concentrated half smile.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by FarewellMemory
alota people cant play guitar without their mouth hanging open, look out for it next time ur in a guitar store!

Yeah, my face goes completely slack, my eyes glaze over, and occasionally my jaw drops a bit. I effectively become the village idiot when I concentrate on playing. In highschool someone from the yearbook managed to take a photo of me in mid bass-zombie mode and preserve forever my dumb look for posterity sake.
it happens the same to lots of people i know, it happened to me once, or atleast i noticed once
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
i look angry when i play just down to pure concentration and people say to me why were you in a mood when you were playing and im just like was i?
I don't think I have a weird look, but I tend to dance around really weird. Kinda like Aaron Weiss (the singer) from mewithoutYou, but with a bass. I think that might be as bad as the leg and face thing, go look them up on Youtube and see what I mean.

EDIT: I forgot how crazy he actually does dance, but here's a good approximation of how I dance when I'm really into the music. I'm a bit of a cross between the bassist, singer and guitarist. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BImMGx-9yoM
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Last edited by t3hrav3n at Aug 1, 2008,
I tend to make wah faces, even with an auto-wah, its quite amusing to one of my guitarists
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by Shoeboe
when i sit and play my right leg starts bouncing furiously

I do this as well. I also like to get up and move around when I play, but one time my mom came in when I was playing For Whom the Bell Tolls and doing the Robert Trujillo walk, that was a very awkward moment
LOL I do the leg thing all the time... I think it feels kinda good!

Although I don't know about the face thing... I scrunch my face when I sing, but I've been working on getting over that hahaha

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
i kinda move around some. when i hit a note at the end of a song or something ill lift my headstock and whip it down. lol. i find it amusing. then i kinda move around. n i kinda get a serious face. and when playing a fast song i kinda spread my legs n get all tensed up
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
You tube Booker T and the MGs (old video not new) doing Green Onions. Watch Duck Dunn. Now imagine a 5' 4" female with short spiky hair doing that. Scary innit?
far too often
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
this has never happened, but a lot of the time when i am playing, ill be focusing on the guitar real hard, and then like a little drip of spit will like fall out of my mouth, happens a bunch, its weird
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
I do get carried away at band practice, rarely at home practicing.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by Ryker24
I do this as well. I also like to get up and move around when I play, but one time my mom came in when I was playing For Whom the Bell Tolls and doing the Robert Trujillo walk, that was a very awkward moment

haha

and then you starting spinning really fast and hit your mom with the bass in her face and shouted boom headshot?

Quote by anarkee
You tube Booker T and the MGs (old video not new) doing Green Onions. Watch Duck Dunn. Now imagine a 5' 4" female with short spiky hair doing that. Scary innit?

Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I drool.
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Quote by KKING911
I drool.

BROTHER...
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
But that's only if I'm really into it and I'm hunched over.
I gotta learn to keep my mouth closed when I'm playing.
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Quote by KKING911
But that's only if I'm really into it and I'm hunched over.
I gotta learn to keep my mouth closed when I'm playing.

same stuff here
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
I inflate my right cheek without realising sometimes, i suppose that would be my bass face
Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by bass-boy-garith
well done mr. kiss my bass, well done
When I play fast, my mouth twitches on one side. It's really weird, never noticed until I recorded myself. It was weird.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
i have the problem of having absolutely no expression...its like my amazingness bores me
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I wasn't aware that Eric Cartman was a UGer.

He said that about me

I improve, in my opinion. I have much better balance with a bass on. why? no idea.

but, it helps when I do tomfoolery.

my face does what I want it to, I think.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I stick my tongue out when I have to stretch my hand to another fret and I feel like I am not gonna make it quick enough and I do the leg thing all the time.
Page 1 of 2