I just recently strung a guitar I have (B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock.... Don't judge me...) with 12 gauge strings (12.16.24p.32.44.56) and I'm having an issue with the 24p string (what would be the G, but is detuned to D) is higher than the rest of the strings, by almost a millimeter, and also doesn't tune well (it's the only string that goes out of tune regularly). Also the string sounds like ****.

Does anyone know a way in which I could lower it and make it sound better?

It's literally JUST that string that's an issue.
if its a floyd rose check the saddle and chec the string is where it should be, also check the locking nuts at the top end of the neck.
Quote by MaXiMuse
Have you checked the bridge, tuning pegs and the other parts that could be a problem?

I'm currently trying to mess around with the bridge to see if I could change anything, but it's a no go so far. Everything else seems to be fine.

Quote by Titch2011
if its a floyd rose check the saddle and chec the string is where it should be, also check the locking nuts at the top end of the neck.

It's a beginner level B.C. Rich, no Floyd.
You probably need to widen the nut. Its unlikely to be the bridge.
Call me Duncan.

Nearly always have D'addario EXL110 strings instock - just ask!

Custom made guitar slides available - choose the glass, length etc.. Engraving availible. PM or email for more info.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!