What's the main difference between low-end and high-end guitars? Wood? Pickups?

See This : http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2911600590

and

See This : http://www.instruments4music.co.uk/electric_guitars_st_form/dimavery_st-form_e-guitar_red/20749_p.html

They are both made of Basswood. I know I am not stupid, Dimavery guitars can't be compared to Jacksons but I am just curious. Jacksons have Seymour Duncan Pickups so it may be the difference.
"I wish I had a Dean :/ Some day I will get my wings too "

I am a beginner guitarist and I am so proud I joined the guitar world ^^ It's pretty cool. Songs I learned till now :

Talk by Coldplay
wood quality, craftmanship quality, hardware quality, pickups, the amount manufactured and a prestige name will all affect the price.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
The quality of the guitar...the Dimavery is probably made in a really really poor factory where the quality standards are low and the workers are paid minimal. Also, the pickups are of poor quality, the hardware is cheap, and the woods extremely cheap. There is a difference between quality of the wood, not necessarily species.

The Jackson is made in Japan and is a quality guitar.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
wood quality, craftmanship quality, hardware quality, pickups, the amount manufactured and a prestige name will all affect the price.

add electronic quality (potentiometers n stuff), finish quality, wether its handmade or not, and the way some parts of the guitar are constructed (you wont find a low end neckthrough guitar).
Then you are pretty close to all differences between low end and high end.

But to be honest: the 2 examples you are giving are both pretty low end stuff.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by steel337

The Jackson is made in Japan and is a quality guitar.

that could be debated :p
Quote by LP_CL
add electronic quality (potentiometers n stuff), finish quality, wether its handmade or not, and the way some parts of the guitar are constructed (you wont find a low end neckthrough guitar).
Then you are pretty close to all differences between low end and high end.

But to be honest: the 2 examples you are giving are both pretty low end stuff.

Surely the Jackson is not as low-end as the Dimavery... $550 - $77 = $473. Wow there is also a difference in price

I am a beginner guitarist and I am so proud I joined the guitar world ^^ It's pretty cool. Songs I learned till now :

Talk by Coldplay
Quote by domino_92
that could be debated :p

haha, well COMPARED to that other one
the price difference is many the quality, and by quality i mean the price for the most part is the time spent with the instrument by a craftsman and the quality of that craftsman. the parts for a les paul can not be more that 500 bucks(gibsons cost) but I promise they have top of the line craftsman working on that 2000 dollar guitar you are buying. it cost more to produce the higher end guitar (of any brand) and that price for the most part is to pay the craftsmen that they use and the profit that want for giving you a guitar prepared by a highend craftsman.

Custom shop = our best craftsman work here so you will pay for thier services

epiphone vs gibson

as far as the parts you know the gibsons uses a better quality part, you also have to know the the ppl working on your expensive les paul are better than the epi ppl(over all). and i promise that there is more time spend on each guitar by that higher end tech. that my dear friends is why gibson les pauls are better than a epi phone.

you can replace the gibson/epiphone names above with any of the ones below

fender/squier
prs/prs se

there are others but in my experince the big three in overall high end quality is gibson/fender/prs. of those three gibson and fender have been putting the best guitars out for over 50 years.PERIOD
Fender Highway 1 Fat Strat
Fender MIM Standard Strat(EMG SL-20 loaded pickguard)
Gibson Les Paul Special
PRS SE singlecut
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Vox Valvetronix AD50-VT
Fender Blues Jr
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by anonamooseguy
the price difference is many the quality, and by quality i mean the price for the most part is the time spent with the instrument by a craftsman and the quality of that craftsman. the parts for a les paul can not be more that 500 bucks(gibsons cost) but I promise they have top of the line craftsman working on that 2000 dollar guitar you are buying. it cost more to produce the higher end guitar (of any brand) and that price for the most part is to pay the craftsmen that they use and the profit that want for giving you a guitar prepared by a highend craftsman.

Custom shop = our best craftsman work here so you will pay for thier services

epiphone vs gibson

as far as the parts you know the gibsons uses a better quality part, you also have to know the the ppl working on your expensive les paul are better than the epi ppl(over all). and i promise that there is more time spend on each guitar by that higher end tech. that my dear friends is why gibson les pauls are better than a epi phone.

you can replace the gibson/epiphone names above with any of the ones below

fender/squier
prs/prs se

there are others but in my experince the big three in overall high end quality is gibson/fender/prs. of those three gibson and fender have been putting the best
guitars out for over 50 years.PERIOD

10x for the explanation

Talk by Coldplay