Sorry but there wasn't much info on it. What is inside and outside picking? Can someone tell me?

Thanks
Last edited by xXguitard00dXx at Aug 1, 2008,
They are picking motions. Let's say you're playing two notes, one on A string and the other on D. If you downpick A and uppick D, the motion is outside picking. If you uppick A, you should downpick D in terms of alternate picking so it looks as if you're picking between the strings which is inside picking.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
Quote by Attack
They are picking motions. Let's say you're playing two notes, one on A string and the other on D. If you downpick A and uppick D, the motion is outside picking. If you uppick A, you should downpick D in terms of alternate picking so it looks as if you're picking between the strings which is inside picking.

Thanks you so much. I understand now! Thank you!!!!!:-)
Quote by Attack

I'll ask you then, since you seem to know things. Which would you consider easier? As far as I can tell, since I'm just learning this terminology, I tend to switch depending on what lick I'm trying to play, and sometimes just go all out economy. Which do you think is best?
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.
Quote by birdman267
schmidty,
I care
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
If I had an axe that could make well formed vaginas I would go out a lot less.