i'm yanking my hair out. if there's one thing i hate more than anything is planing sides for butt joints. I dont have a jointer so i'm trying to do it with my #5 jack plane but I keep getting these really tiny dishes that I can't seem to find when I try to level out the high/low spots. I have a straight edge but it's a piece of s**t and it's telling me that life is beautiful in butt joint land only to wobble like a drunkard when I try to test fit the two pieces together. I was wondering where I could find the most accurate straight edge? It's much cheaper than a $500 jointer
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Place that sells stuff for metal machine work. And stew mac sells accurate straight edges.
yea i was thinking about getting the stewmac one. i'm just getting tired of the stewmac screw... their prices are crazy sometimes.

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
haha no doubt man. hence the "stewmac screw" haha. funny part is you can get the same gotoh bridge at warmoth for 18 dollars (stewmac 21), tuners for like 35 (stewmac i think were like 50 or 60)... their service is good but i've gone the route of shopping around.

humbucker kits are a ripoff... if you buy individual pieces it's 2 dollars cheaper each... blah blah blah. they have some cool tools though... their miter box is good so is their fretting kit.